Friday, 26 May 2017

I'm going for a run

"I'm going for a run."
I love saying that.
Basically, because I've always wanted to be one of those people who say they are going for a run, but never thought I would be one of those people, as I actually don't like running.
I'm rubbish at it.
Until I realised you don't really have to run, so to speak. It's perfectly acceptable to power walk or jog, this is still considered exercise.
I am in need of exercise, big time. I visit the gym in my lunch hour, when I'm in the office. But I'm only in the office three days a week, and on some of these days pesky people slip lunch time meetings into the diary.
Therefore, sometimes gym sessions are not enough. I'm loath to admit it, yet I have to - I'm a little bit fat again.
Also, I owe it to Tommy to be the fittest version of myself possible.
The nice weather helps with this running lark.
Recently, it's almost stopped raining and that big orange thing in the sky has remembered to shine again. Perfect weather for me to walk to the bottom of the garden, open the gate, then walk along the alley into our local park. This can be done whilst Mark and Tommy enjoy bath time.
I can squeeze the last drop of sunshine into my day. The park is an adequate size to run/jog/power walk around three laps, whilst nodding hello to the dog walkers and other people trying to get fit. There is gym equipment, next to the basketball court, and I have even been known to use the cross trainer, once.
It is usually alive with kids playing football and kids riding their bikes. Kids also wishing to make their day last as long as possible, at least until they have to go home to eat their fish fingers and work out their sums.
And I get some 'me' time, before I read Tommy his bedtime story. I plan picnics in the wood (spied a great picnic spot whilst running), and take in all the wonders of nature, in between dodging footballs, and hoping I don't look more than a little bit fat in my pink top.
So, dear readers, it is that time again. I have been working from home today and prepared the posh fish and chips for dinner (mackerel, with sweet potato wedges and salad - got to eat stuff like this now I am a little bit fat again). Mark is off to bath Tommy, I'm going for a run!
Or power walk or jog, it's better than nothing though, would you not agree.
Until the next one.

No comments: