Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Strawberry Fields Forever

I have decided there are certain things in this life which should be repeated each year.
Bearing this in mind, I have complied an informative list. Do you care to be enlightened by this list?
I will assume the answer is yes and detail my wishes below:

1. We (which refers to Mark, myself and Tommy) must always visit the seaside.
2. It's important we venture somewhere we have never been before.
3. Even though Mark doesn't like picnics, I will use my picnic basket and do so. Picnics must be encouraged as should the great big outdoors.
4. We should always celebrate our wedding anniversary, preferably in charming destination and hotel.
5. We will enjoy the amazing Father Christmas grotto at local garden centre. Well, whilst Tommy is young enough to believe in magic.
6. We must always believe in some kind of magic.
7. And pick fruit at a local farm.

I'm sure there are many other things which should be experienced each year, but I'll start with the above, thanks all the same.
Please allow me to focus on the last, most recent addition to the list - and pick fruit at a local farm.
Many moonlights ago, when I was a little girl, I frequently picked strawberries at our local farm. Sometimes with my mum, dad and brother, other times with my cousins and aunts, followed by trips with friends. I would often participate in such activities as who could pick the largest/most. Then we would go home and make all sorts of delightful things with our treasures.
The point I'm trying to make is, for me, strawberry picking and local farms hold very fond childhood memories. So I'd quite like to recreate the same for Tommy.
This year, I visited a farm with Mark and Tommy, a short drive from our cottage. I'd seen signs for, and seen pictures of, but was yet to indulge.
I was not disappointed. What a fabulous place. They'd thought of everything - a shop selling locally sourced produce, a tea room tempting us with homemade goodies, a children's play area, and field of seasonal fruit and vegetables, all waiting for our eager hands.
Plus, it boasted it's very own field of sunflowers.
Have I ever told you how much I adore sunflowers?
To say I loved this place was an understatement.


Thoroughly recommended, big time.


Strawberry Fields Forever.


Farm shop.


Tea room.


Play area.


A real tractor, made his day.


Sunflower field, made my day.


Strawberry picking.


These look nice.


Searching for onions.


This way!


Found some!


Back at home, making smoothies and ice-lollies.


We're planning our next trip already, this time - blackberries, blueberries and pumpkins, we're coming to get you!

No comments: