Sunday, 20 March 2016

Cressing Temple

One chilly, rain splattered afternoon, Tommy was napping, so I lost myself in Essex Life magazine, with a huge slab of fruit cake for company. It was the edition where they list events throughout the year, and whilst Tommy was snoring away, I merrily noted all dates of interest in diary.
Craft fairs, family fun days and Winter Wonderland, I was now a fountain of knowledge for such occasions. There would be no excuse for missing any of the action, as long as I remembered to keep checking my diary.
I'd planned the whole year for the family, not bad for an afternoon's work. When Tommy stirred from his slumber, I was debating whether to help myself to more cake, but then remembered I am supposed to be watching my waistline, again.
Instead I babbled away to Tommy, head full of Easter egg hunts and Christmas pantomimes, but all he was interested in was, "More milk please!" and "Fire engines!".
I didn't have to wait long for our first outing. It was The Food and Craft Fair at Cressing Temple. Grade 1 listed Barley and Wheat Barns, built in the 13th century, proudly standing in stunning grounds.
What more could a girl ask for? Family time, history, food, crafts, and prettiness. We also brought my mum and dad to our outing.
My mum said it made a lovely change from falling asleep in front of the telly, after reading the Sunday papers. Too right!

The buildings and grounds.







Can you see Tommy walking? He loved exploring.


The Old Forge.


Inside.


Tommy loved looking at the bunnys.


And the chickens.


I loved rambling around inside this building at the many books. I treated Tommy to Goldilocks and The Three Bears and a book about fire engines.


One of the many food stalls.


Homemade fudge.


Choosing chutney.


One of the many home stalls.


Vintage tearoom. My battery died on my mobile, so you'll just have to imagine the delicious chocolate cake and strawberry milkshake.


Until the next one!

3 comments:

a writing place said...

What a delightful outing!

Hope you go to many more, on your "year long list"! :-)))))

Happy Spring hugs,
Tessa

The World According To Me said...

Thanks a writing place, never even heard of the location before I opened that magazine! It was a well spent afternoon. Bring on the next trip!

Amel said...

LUSH GREEN!!!! Look at the grass and flowers! I'm going to scream in joy when I can finally see green grass again ha ha ha ha ha...I love the photos. What a lovely place to visit with the whole family. :-)