Monday, 14 December 2015

Candy sticks and chocolate coins

When I spied my friend's advertisement, for Christmas themed afternoon tea, I knew the exact occasion and candidates.
My mother's birthday, myself, my parents, and Tommy.
I booked the day off work, and together we visited my friend's tearoom to indulge in such marvels as, mini chocolate Christmas puddings and individual trifle portions.
They were sampled among the roaring fire and twinkling lights. The pink and white candy sticks and paper lanterns. It's officially the festive period, and personally, I couldn't be happier.
They were displayed on dainty china plates, accompanied with antique silver. Mis-matched crockery and lace tablecloths. Every where you turned, vintage beauty sparkled.
Tommy was mighty impressed with the toy box and the pot of chocolate coins.
All in all, we were one content family.

A thing of pleasure.


My little trifle.


Tommy and the yellow car.


The proud Christmas tree.


Hanging lanterns and garland.


This way to the gallery. Just follow the lampshades and giant spoon.


It was then back to my parent's house where the rest of the gang visited. Love my family.






2 comments:

Amel said...

Ohhh...the kind of place I love, too. Happy belated birthday to your mom. How lovely that you all got to gather with the others at your parents' house. :-) Precious memories!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. It's such a cute place, and yes pervious moments of us all together.