Friday, 22 May 2015

The day a blogger came to London

When my blogger pal, Amel, notified me that she was visiting London and would love to meet, I almost squealed with delight.
After dipping in and out of each other's lives for about seven years now, thanks to the internet, we would finally meet in real life.
I was full of ideas for tourist attractions and London adventures. And after many messages, we finally met.

Our story began in Balthazar. It's a french brassiere in Covent Garden, whose philosophy is to combine the best ingredients with the most traditional methods to produce great quality food. Here we are!


After big chats we finally ordered a latte and scrambled eggs. What a good start to the day.


It was a grand place for breakfast, and we both admired the decor.


We then decided to take a stroll around London before a spot of shopping. A red double decker bus and the underground, how London can you get!


Not wishing to miss a thing, and both being fans of photography, we kept stopping to capture our day.


We even walked to Trafalgar square, in the heart of London.


Next stop, shopping! Back to Covent Garden and the market stalls were open. It's one of my favorite places in London.


I love all the quirky stuff.


The relaxing music was a welcome break.


There are usually street entertainers. This one was quite comical and managed to release himself from a ball and chains, without a key.


It was soon cake time! We spotted such a pretty place and decided to treat ourselves.


It was like Aladdin's cave in there, Full of rooms and treasure.




Oh that's me in the mirror.


Too much choice. (They looked almost too good to eat!)



I finally settled on this beauty.


Amel's choice. Not a bad one.


It was lovely to sit down and chat again. We have loads in common and the conversation was non-stop.
Then we wandered around London streets, and caught a tube to China Town.

More food. Just a light snack before home time.



What a wonderful day, one I will always cherish. Happy memories of the day a blogger, and friend, came to London.
Thanks for visting me, dear Amel.

2 comments:

Amel said...

I actually didn't really go inside the ground floor of the bakery (I only took a peek), so I was nicely surprised to see your photos, Nikki. Next time I go to London, I should go back there again and take a proper look downstairs (hope the place is still open by then LOL!!!).

Yeah, the whole day just went whizzing by when you were having so much fun. Here's to our next meeting somewhere, someday! :-D

The World According To Me said...

Deffo here's to our next meeting! Thank you so much for my gifts as well. I must finish making your card and I've been looking at gifts for you to remind you of London and our day.
Loved reading your post and looking at the photos.