Saturday, 23 May 2015

Jamie Oliver and the princess castle

I'm not usually a spur of the moment kind of girl. So when I realised the nice building in front of me was Jamie Oliver's restaurant, and because he is my favourite chef, I said to my hubby Mark, "We should definitely dine here one day."
I wasn't expecting him to suggest, "Why don't we eat here now?"
Now? You mean, we won't go home and eat cottage pie, as planned? We won't go home and talk about it and Google the menu, then over a few days decide which weekend we should visit Jamie's establishment, and if we should dine alone, or invite family or friend?
I was feeling a little uneasy.
"What about the cottage pie?"
"The cottage pie can wait."
"We probably have to book."
"Let's go inside and see."
So we did.
How brave of me. I figured Mark was right, the cottage pie could wait, and this was Jamie Oliver's restaurant after all.

Trattoria, the Italian one.


It was a rustic kind of place, and you can watch the chefs at work.


The walls were stacked with pics of Jamie, and random pieces of art.


Helping Tommy with the menu and his colouring pencils. These were supplied by the staff.


Tommy creating a masterpiece.


I ordered the Margherita pizza. It was very tasty.


Tommy had fish fingers and chips. I cut them into little pieces for him, and sampled some. I must say, they were the best fish fingers and chips I've ever tasted.


A salad complimented the children's meal. Tommy had great fun shaking, as requested.


He likes to feed daddy.


Tucking into the chocolate ice-cream. What concentration.


I thoroughly recommend Trattoria. There was a buzzing atmosphere, attentive staff, and the food was tasty and reasonable. The kid's menu was impressive, great choice and healthy products.
We're planning on visiting again. Note the word planning!
But hey, I'm not knocking this spur of the moment lark, I rather enjoyed it.

Oh and before eating we visited a fun fair, and Tommy loved the princess castle. Can you see us?


5 comments:

ChicagoWing said...

your son has really grown since I saw him last !

Amel said...

Ohhhhh...what a kid-friendly place. Brilliant! I love the fact that there were coloring pencils as well as the shake-me salad. You make me drool even though I'm not hungry, Nikki. I'm glad Mark managed to drag you there right there and then he he he he he...

P.S. What a lovely moment of Mark being fed by Tommy! <3

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com

The World According To Me said...

He certainly has ChicagoWing. Hope you and your family are good.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Aarom

Welcome to FPE! Sorry for the delay and thanks for posting.