Saturday, 9 May 2015

Happy birthday, Dad

Another day, another birthday. This time it was my Dads.

Simply loved this 3D card from my lovely auntie Wendy.


Tommy got very excited handing my dad his presents and watching him open them.


My dad reading his book from Tommy.


As part of his pres, Mark and I took my dad and mum to Hyland's House and gardens. As you can see, it's a very grand house which is open to the public (and a very short car ride from our homes).


The grounds and gardens are magnificent.


At last, blue sky and pink blossom.


There was a pretty lake with ducks roaming about. Tommy wasn't too sure about the ducks. Plastic ones in the bath are his preference.


There was a 400 year old oak tree. Imagine all the stories it could tell us, from times long ago.


By the pond. Can you see Tommy was itching to run away and run around the gardens.


We all made a wish. But I can't tell you what I wished for, or it won't come true.


Amongst the flowers.


It really was a very special place.


Then we walked through the tunnel...


into the courtyard.


We browsed in the gift shop, where Tommy was treated to bubbles and new toy car.


After discovering a book shop and purchasing some bargains, we stopped off for cake and milkshakes.


Happy birthday to my amazing dad.

2 comments:

Amel said...

What a lovely day and handicraft/art does run in the family. Just look at your aunt's card and how crafty/artistic you yourself are, Nikki! :-)

LOVE the blossoms! And Mark's shirt matches the blossoms, too he he...and I can see the sun and the blue sky! Splendid!

Happy belated birthday to your dad. Wishing him health and lots more lovely memories!

P.S. This whole post reminded me of my day in Kensington Garden/Palace.

The World According To Me said...

Yes I thought that too, re Mark's top and the blossom! I actually love it when he wears that top as it photographs so well!
Kensington gardens and house is beautiful, it's good you got to see it.