Tuesday, 24 February 2015

I spy purple flowers

Oh hurry up Spring.
Winter is all very well, it brings us Christmas and I adore Christmas. But once the festive period is closed it's all rather cold and dark.
Until Spring pokes its head around the corner and reminds us pettier and sunnier days are ahead.
Spring is my favourite season of the year, not too cold, not too hot. Just right. With daffodils and Easter eggs to cheer us.
I was reminded that Spring has nearly sprung, during my recent walk around the village. Okay, I still had to wrap Tommy in his water proof and wind proof all in one, and pop his red hat on his head. And I still wore my grey winter coat, with all the buttons fastened. But the sky was definitely bluer.
Flowers in the cottage hanging baskets were stirring. The park was coming alive again, with children playing underneath a warmer sun. The village is changing with the season.
Oh it's nearly here. Colour is nearly the new black.

I spy purple flowers. It's all very exciting.


The trees are still bare, but the blue sky will soon introduce the blossom.


I'm a huge fan of this shop in the village. I popped in for a natter and a new candle holder for the kitchen table.


Hurry up Spring, I'm eagerly waiting for you.

5 comments:

Amel said...

It's spring over there compared to here. It was snowing almost half a day yesterday. Rather hard to ride my bike home he he...I really hope our schedule match and we can meet later! :-D I bet there are so many flowers already in the UK by then! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Kate said...

I don't know exactly where you live in England, but its beautiful.

The World According To Me said...

I can imagine riding a bike in the snow is tricky. And half a day of snowing! If that happened in the UK there would be chaos and the country would come to a stand still!
I really hope we can meet too, I'm sure I'll be able to do my best. If you meant day time on that Friday, I've booked the day off already! If my friend does want to celebrate her 40th it's more likely to be an evening and perhaps the Saturday.

The World According To Me said...

I can imagine riding a bike in the snow is tricky. And half a day of snowing! If that happened in the UK there would be chaos and the country would come to a stand still!
I really hope we can meet too, I'm sure I'll be able to do my best. If you meant day time on that Friday, I've booked the day off already! If my friend does want to celebrate her 40th it's more likely to be an evening and perhaps the Saturday.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate
I live in a little village in Essex. It's mixed bag as a county, it has beautiful countryside and some historic towns. It does also receive some flack, and a popular television programme, The Only Way is Essex, doesn't help matters! Let's just say some people can be a trifle flash in a non classy way! But surely this occurs in places other than Essex!