Monday, 22 December 2014

A new tradition - with football

We used to meet in my nan's lounge on Christmas Day. Over the years our family has grown. My cousins now have partners and their own families. Partner's families are now also included at Christmas. Gradually we all began to celebrate separately.
This year we decided to start a new tradition. We hired a room at a local pub, all chipped in for a buffet style meal, and all agreed to just buy presents, and bring presents, for the children.
I like this new tradition.

The Christmas tree.


The buffet.


My dad and Tommy.


Look who I found at the bar. Like father, like son!


There was also football. As a family we do like our football.


It was a lovely day, even though I lost my voice and had to whisper.

4 comments:

Amel said...

You're all so close to one another, aren't you? Such a heartwarming family...Sorry to hear you lost your voice, but glad to know you could spend time with so many beloved people, Nikki.

P.S. For a dose of more pink stuff, go visit my blog he he...

Mary said...

Hello, love the new look of your blog too! Looks like a lot has changed in your world! Hope you had a delightful Christmas with your lovely little son!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

We are a close family, I'm lucky in that respect. We all try to see each other as much as possible, and as families go, I would have picked mine even if they weren't my family!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Mary

Thanks for stopping by again. I do love looking at your blog and all your crafty and fun photographs. See you soon.