Friday, 7 June 2013

Fishes and boats

And down came the rain. Oh it wouldn't be a holiday in England without a few drops of rain. So we spent an afternoon at the aquarium admiring the bright and funny looking fish.

Diamond Anthias


Do you think it looks like he's smiling?


Lionfish.


Common Clownfish.


Common Clownfish again.


Blue Reef Jelly Babies.


I'm not sure what this fellow is called, so I've named him Boogle Eyed Fish.


And I've named him A Funny Looking Thing. I hope he doesn't mind!


Once the grey clouds and wet skies had passed we explored Fowey. A beautiful town with a thriving seaport. The town's natural harbour is a haven for yachtsmen and attracts a multitude of sailing boats.












5 comments:

Amel said...

You took EXCELLENT fish pictures!!!! The Boogle Eyed Fish looks like it's smiling. :-D And isn't the last one a squid? Hmmmmhhh...not sure, though. Funny thing, I just cooked fried calamari today 'coz I've been craving for some seafood LOL! :-D

Kate said...

I can comment! Why couldn't I comment before? Hi! I love the fish! And I love Fowley! And I love being able to comment on your blog!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel
Perhaps it is a squid then? Whoops, I'm no squid expert I'm afraid! I'm not a big fan of eating seafood I must admit.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate
How ya doing? It's annoying because sometimes my comments don't show and other times they do! This blog seems to have a mind of its own. I haven't stopped the comments from showing, I just have to keep refreshing sometimes to see them.
Glad you liked the pics. I must reply to your email!

Amel said...

Not sure, but it does look like a squid hi hi...I'm a fan of seafood! :-D