Tuesday, 9 April 2013

It feels like magic

My hands trembled.
My voice, once it had recovered from the shock, was an octave higher than normal.
My cheeks felt as if they were glowing an unnatural shade of red.
I needed to sit down to absorb what was happening to me.
Second thoughts, I needed to stand up as I could not possibly sit still and remain calm.
I stared, open eyed, at my husband. His eyes mimicked mine and he stared right back.
“Oh my Gowd.” I said for the umpteenth time.
I grinned.
I laughed.
I clasped my hands over my face.
I laughed again.
One word.
One precious word.
Eight life changing letters.
A dream come true.
Finally.
That magic blue writing.
Pregnant.

7 comments:

Amel said...

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSS once more!!! What a gift for the both of you! Enjoy pregnancy and hope everything goes welllllllll...have fun preparing to be parents! :-D

ChicagoWing said...

OMG ! I'm so happy for you. What a happy experience. How many months? When are you due??
You're a good writer so I look forward to reading the progress during this exciting time !

Lillies and Love said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!! xx

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. Yep, a v precious gift. xx

The World According To Me said...

Thanks ChicagoWing. I am now 14 weeks, it's due mid October. Had my scan and tests and so far so good, so time to tell the world. Oh expect lots of updates!

The World According To Me said...

Cheers Lillies and Love. Exciting times ahead! x

Krystle said...

Congratulations..what great news! Wishing you all the best :-)