Thursday, 10 January 2013

Sunsets in Santorini

January, you're up to your old tricks.
We were all having such a nice time, then you blasted your way into the calendar.
But despite your threats of debt, diets and grey skies, I'm determined you won't get me down.
I'm going to reflect on my amazing 2012 and it's memories, and make way for new ones.
Besides, I have my sunsets in Santorini to remind me of happy days. Happy sunny days from our honeymoon.

Our apartment, with private roof terrace overlooking the volcano. (Luckily it hasn't erupted in over 3,600 years.)


Our pool in the cliffs.


We spent a fair bit of time on our balcony, sunbathing, reading, eating and drinking.














Breakfast was a grand affair.




The bustling and pretty capital, Thira, was a few steps away from our apartment.















The Harbour could be found by zig zaging down the path...


or by travelling by donkey.




We took a boat trip to the volcano












We sunbathed on the beach and made friends with the dogs.










And drank a cheeky cocktail.





We took a few bus rides to the stunning town of Oia.



















We dined out and ate lots of Greek salads with feta cheese.











Santorini, the Greek island in the southern Aegean Sea, is steeped in history and views. It really is a magical place.
January, even you can't stop me from smiling when I remember the sunsets in Santorini.


2 comments:

Amel said...

Ahhhh...bloody gorgeous photos, Nikki! :-D I miss Greece. Should go back there again someday (we've never been in Santorini, just to Rhodes and Crete) he he...

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. I've been to Rhodes and Crete too, love the Greek island. I def recommend Santorini, in my opinion it's the prettiest.