Saturday, 10 November 2012

A slice of life (with Lemsip)

I've been feeling under the weather today.
My usual Saturday morning cheerfulness was clouded with aching limbs and a painful, tender, throat.
It was time for Lemsip, a hot water bottle, and watching Saturday Morning Kitchen under the duvet.



Despite feeling poorly, I have an over active brain, and as nice as it was to watch cookery programmes from the comfort of my bed, I had things to do and didn't want to waste the day.

Time to make a start on my Christmas cards.


I've written a list, and 43 cards need to be made. Soldier on!


Okay, I've made 15 and that's quite enough under the circumstances. My body was crying out for another Lemsip and a break. The sofa is calling me, and a browse through my new Afternoon Tea cookery book.
Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I have a roast chicken dinner date with friend.



4 comments:

Amel said...

Hope you got enough rest and you're feeling better, Nikki! LOVE your Christmas cards. I'm not a creative type in that area (read: lazy), so I just bought ready-made postcards/cards. Every now and then if I feel creative, I'll just upload some photos to a printing company to create my own Christmas postcards/cards ha ha...

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. Feeling better now, just coughing and spluttering everywhere!
That's a godo idea re photo cards, I've thought of doing that next year. Any good sites your recommend?

Nick Phillips said...

What? It's that time of year to start buying presents already?

The World According To Me said...

I'm afraid it's that time of the year again, Nick!