Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Welcome to the world, Will

I'm an auntie! More importantly future brother and sister in law are parents. And boyfriend is an uncle. And future father in law is a granddad.
Aren't new babies great, the joy and changes they bring.
I met Will when he was merely a day old. A whole 24 hours brand spanking new. With a bouquet of flowers and a huge soft tiger, I met my nephew. I held him like a fragile piece of glass, must protect his tiny head, and I hope he doesn't start crying, was running through my 38 year old mind.
I gazed at his perfect features and wondered what the world has in store for Will. I thought of the years ahead, watching him grow, learning his first words and taking his first careful steps. Would he be an astronaut, a scientist or a mathematician? One can't help pondering over his future.
The lounge he was sleeping in has already been transformed from a newly wed home to a babies play ground. A tiger, a bear and a rabbit watch over him. Blue sparkling balloons decorate the white walls and powder blue baby grows are patiently waiting for him to grow into.
One things for sure, the happiness he has already brought his family is etched on our excited faces.
Welcome to this crazy life, dear Will.

6 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Congrats to your future brother and sister in law :D Now for all those sleepless nights to cater to the new born ... hehehe ...

Amel said...

CONGRATULATIONNNNSSSS to the family, esp. the parents! :-D I remember the time when R2 and I waited outside the labour room to wait for my bro's son to be born. We were there while she was pushing Kenneth to get out to the world he he he...

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Nick! Oh yes I have heard the sleepless nights have already began! I hope he learns to sleep through the night soon.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. Wow, you were there (well behind a wall!) during his his first few seconds of life, how lovely.

What Happened 2 Vince? (Part 2) said...

Hi, hope you don't mind me writing this here, but wanted to let you know I added you onto my blog list. I really do enjoy reading your blog :)

The World According To Me said...

Welcome to Flying Pink Elephants! Don't mind you writing here at all, thank you for reading and commenting. Glad you're enjoying reading. I'll pop over to you!