Sunday, 6 February 2011

Missing you

I can’t believe I will never see you again.
After everything we have been through together, suddenly it’s over.
So many happy times, so many cherished experiences we have shared.
I thought we’d be together forever.
How naive of me.
I let you slip through my fingers.
How careless of me.
I’m sorry.
I took you for granted.
And now you’re not here and I miss you.
We have watched friends marry.
We walked along the beach together, in the blazing sunshine, engulfed in laughter and pink confetti.
You have been by my side on summer holidays.
We embraced foreign cultures and I indulged in green sparkling cocktails.
We have visited temples and travelled on boats.
I held on to you when my shoe floated away in the dark, murky sea.
I laughed at my misfortune, my habit of loosing things.
But I’m not laughing now I have lost you.
We stood on top of a cliff, watching waves crash against the rocks and the seagulls circulating the moody sky above.
If only I had known it was our last morning together.
Now I am mourning you.
I left you on a train.
In my haste for life I forgot about you.
With the million things swirling around in my head, deadlines and meetings and the promise of chips, I abandoned you.
I hope one day you will learn to forgive me.
I pray you are being cared for with the respect you deserve.
If I could travel back in time I would never make the same mistake again.
If I could do it all again, I promise I would never let you go.
Or leave you under my chair on the 16.02 from Exeter St Davids to London Paddington.
My dear Canon EOS camera, I miss you.

11 comments:

JY said...

oh NO!!!!

Eryl said...

Arrrgh!!!!!!!!

Please tell me it was insured.

Amel said...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm SO SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :-((((

HUGS!!!!!!!!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

I am so sorry! On the other hand, I am relieved. I thought you had lost a beloved person in your life. Whew!

Cameras can be replaced, right? (I hope?)

The World According To Me said...

Oh yes, JY! What a wally I am.

The World According To Me said...

I am insured Eryl. Thank goodness, for the first time in my life I took out contents insurance in January! Claim still going through though.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. I am completely and utterly fed up with myself. How could I have done such a thing!

The World According To Me said...

No beloved person, just a beloved camera. But you are so right, Katherine, things can be replaced, people can't.
I could just kick myself for being so silly!
Hope all is well with you.

Amel said...

Ahhhh...glad to hear it's insured. Hope the claim comes through ASAP then!

Nick Phillips said...

Oh No! You lost your camera? I'm so sorry to hear that. I know I would cry if I lost my camera ...

The World According To Me said...

I know Nick, it was not my finest moment when I realised I'd left it on the train!