Wednesday, 29 December 2010

My favourite year...almost

Oh life.
You are funny.
You are weird.
Sometimes you are amazing.
Often you are unexpected and unpredictable.
Most days you are beautiful.
Other days you are destructive and devastating.
One day you are my best friend.
And the very next day you are my enemy.
I think I understand you, then you go out of your way to prove me wrong.
How complicated and contradicting you can be.
You have blessed me with the best days of my life.
You have made me feel I can accomplish anything.
I have felt fortunate and lucky and truly privileged.
Then you have the almighty power to crush me.
You have broken me.
Nearly destroyed me.
I have despaired of you and your tragic actions.
How could you have done that to me and those who I love?
What a love and hate relationship we have.
I'm sorry, it's hard to forget sometimes.
In my heart I want to forgive.
I honestly do.
This year you have been kind and generous and thoughtful.
You have answered my prayers.
Finally I have met him.
The one I have always wanted to meet.
I am overjoyed.
I am appreciative.
Grateful.
Blissful.
Happy.
Estactic.
And then, just when I wasn't looking...
You snatched.
You stole.
You took.
You interrupted.
How could you?
Oh life you are bitter sweet.
You introduced me to him.
The one I have always wanted to meet.
For that I want to thank you.
He rocks my world.
But I met him and then you took her.
My nan.
My dear, sweet, kind little nan.
It would have been my favourite year.
Now it has almost been.

4 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Dropping by to wish you a glorious 2011 :D May all your dreams and wishes come true.

Amel said...

Life's really an unpredictable package, isn't it? I'm HAPPY for you about him and still sorry about your Nan. It's always hard to lose our loved ones...cheers to another year filled with unpredictable events! :-D

The World According To Me said...

Thank you Nick, and all the same to you!

The World According To Me said...

It certainly is, Amel!
Cheers to you too, and here's to this wonderful, unpredictable life!