Friday, 3 December 2010

He finally knows I exist...and he doesn't want me to loose my shoes.

He finally knows I exist.
Sort of.
Kind of.
Maybe?
I'd like to think so anyway.
I like to think, for a few, precious moments in his life, he knew my name.
He knew I was a huge fan.
He knew my birthday was just around the corner.
And he...asked me not to loose my shoes.
For all of this, I have to thank my fabulous friend Jamie. Credit where credit is due. If it wasn't for the paper towels around our heads one night, and the dramatic screeching and sliding, to the lyrics of Different Corner, I may have received my little birthday message on a yellow post it note.
I may not have received my birthday message at all!
Heaven forbid.
How different my life could have been.
I will always be eternally grateful to Jamie, paper towels, a Different Corner record cover and a message from Him.
He who now knows I exist.
He whose dulcet tones I have listened to a thousand times.
He who I have bored everyone rigid with a million times.
Yes, Him!
Have you guessed who it is yet?
It's George Michael!
My friend works with someone whose dad is his minder.
He told his colleague how nutty I am about George.
He wrote a message on a yellow post it note and it was passed on to George.
I now have a one hundred percent, genuine, signed birthday message.
From George Michael!
It's written in a blue marker pen, on a Different Corner record cover (without a paper towel in sight).
He finally knows I exist.
Sort of.
Kind of.
Maybe?
I'd definitely like to think so.

7 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Well good on you :D I'm sure he now knows of your existence ... hehehe ...

Amel said...

AWWWWW that's such a NICE gift for you!!! :-D :-D :-D HAPPY for you!

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--cool!

The World According To Me said...

I think so Nick! This is the closest I have ever been to him anyway!

The World According To Me said...

Amel, it was the best gift!

The World According To Me said...

Pilgrimchick, cool indeed! Hope you're good.

Kate said...

You know what? As soon as I started reading, I KNEW it was George Michael!!! Your devotion is single-minded and astoundng. :)