Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Riding the roller coaster

Do you ever feel as if you’re riding a roller coaster? A real life, life sized, roller coaster. A journey of thrill seeking highs, deep plunging lows, and twists which have the ability to turn your world upside down.
Sometimes you trundle along nicely but you know it can’t last, you’re questioning what waits ahead of you. You could be faced with something to make you laugh and scream with excitement, you could witness something which makes you shake and gasp in fear.
And you’re painfully aware of the situation, while you're riding high and having the time of your life, someone else could be experiencing an all time low.
Yes it’s the roller coaster of life. It’s full of twists and turns, quiet passengers and loud passengers, tears and laughter.
You may be thinking at one point that you’ve had enough and you want to get off, or you could be thinking you never want it to end.
It’s a life sized roller coaster. And you don’t have to visit the fairground to witness the unpredictable route, the dizzy highs and the unexpected lows.
I’ve been lucky recently, I’ve been high as a kite and enjoying every second. Of course I’ve watched my friends around me and realised some of them have not been so happy, they’ve had a few abrupt stops to deal with. I hope their journey is moving upwards now.
As for me, I’m sorry to say, I’ve been brought down to earth with an enormous, ungracious, bump. I knew it was around the corner, I knew it would happen soon, but it still hurt. Really, really hurt.
My dear nan passed away last Monday. My dear, sweet, kind, frail little nan. Her journey is over.
I will miss her so much but I think she’s in a better and pain free place. It would be selfish to want her to hold on when I know how much she was suffering. She needed her journey to end.
I hope she’s now riding high on that roller coaster in the sky. I hope she's on a far nicer and brighter and comfortable ride. Maybe she’s watching over us? Maybe she's shining brightly over me?
Well if she is, she will surely know how very much she was loved and how sorely she will be missed.
God bless you, my dear sweet little nan.

12 comments:

Amel said...

I'm SO SORRY to hear about your nan...I think she's looking down on you happily. :-)))

Eryl said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry for your loss, but glad your Nan is no longer suffering, and that you were lucky enough to have her in the first place. XXX

Nick Phillips said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about your nan. The good thing is, she's no longer suffering :D

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. She's in a better place, I'm sure so that's some comfort. I sure do miss her though.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Eryl. Yes I was very lucky to have her as a nan. I have so many loving, happy, childhood memories. And no one can them away from me. Hope you're well. x

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Nick. You're right, no more pain, nothing can hurt her now. God bless her.

ChicagoWing said...

I'm sorry about your nan. it's sad, I"m sure you had many wonderful memories of her.
You are absolutely right about zooming up the roller coaster, things are going great, and then wondering........what's going to happen next. It reminds of that Murphy's Laws sayings. One of them states, "If you are feeling good, don't worry, you'll get over it!"

Mary Smith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope there is another up turn for you in the near future.

Blur Ting said...

Sorry to read about your nan's passing. I've followed you on your visits to see nan (via your blog) and clearly you will miss her so. She's in heaven watching over you.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks ChicagoWing.
I keep loosing the link to your site. Could you possibly post it again please?

I like that, "If you're feeling good, don't worry, you'll get over it!"

The World According To Me said...

Thank you Mary Smith.

Hope your life at the moment is onwards and upwards!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Blur.

Yep, I have posted about her on my blog a few times, how sad that I had to write the roller coaster post about her passing.
But I have fantastic memories of her which will never pass.