Friday, 2 July 2010

And now for something completely different

Food.
It’s something we all have to eat!
Some people eat more food than other people.
There are lots of different types of food.
I love food.
Food plays a major part in my life.
To me, it’s not just energy and vitamins, it’s enjoyment.
I love cooking food.
I love dining out and choosing food.
I love eating food.
It’s nice to have someone to cook for.
When I was living the single life and flat mate and I were eating at different time slots, it seemed an unnecessary and time consuming hassle to use pots and pans and cook elaborate ingredients just for one person. So I ate a lot of soup, and ready made salads and pasta dishes.
But I missed cooking for other people.
Now I have lovely boyfriend to cook for.
I’m experimenting with food again.
I am loving using pots and pans and cooking elaborate ingredients for him, for us.
It’s nice to dine out together too.
It can work out a little pricey to visit restaurants, but with the help of downloading vouchers from the Internet and going easy on expensive wine, it doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
Last night we ate in a local Greek restaurant. We chose a meze and the food was delicious (no vouchers but only one glass of house wine). Taramosalata, hummus, tzatziki, pita bread, white bait, calamari, halloumi, stuffed vine leaves, Greek sausage, Greek salad, rice, and a fine selection of meat. Are you salivating? I am, just remembering it!
And the night before last I cooked for lovely boyfriend. Scallops in a white wine sauce, with creamy mash and herbs, Mediterranean vegetables and a succulent corn on the cob. With a smoothie for dessert and a glass of Pinot Grigio.
Food.
Isn’t it great.
Aren’t we lucky to be surrounded by it.
To enjoy it.
To learn about it.
To feature it in our lives.
I’m thinking about tonight’s dinner already.
Bon Appetit!

Tulips were bought for me whilst purchasing ingredients at the supermarket.


Dinner time!


Now where did I put my glass of wine?

10 comments:

Amel said...

Oh now I'm drooling here 'coz of your food pic...Indeed it's a privilege to be able to cook for our loved ones...I agree that it's "less fun" to cook for yourself 'coz of the hassle and you end up cooking too much...it's really rewarding to be able to cook for our loved ones (or others) and then know that they enjoy 'em. :-D

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

I am drooling, too, and it's only 9:30 a.m. here.

You can cook for me any time.

pilgrimchick said...

Cool! I cook for myself all the time, mostly because I want to avoid the "things" added to processed foods. My boyfriend does an exceptional amount of cooking, which I very much appreciate because I only see him when he's home from his job overseas as a merchant marine (when he is home, I'm working and he's not, so I get an amazing meal every night! Yey!). And, BONUS, he'll eat whatever I cook--amazing!

Blur Ting said...

Your lucky boyfriend!

Kate said...

Cute little scallop dish!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

It is rewarding to cook for loved ones who appreciate the time you have spent. I love it.
Happy weekend and happy cooking.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Katherine

If you lived nearer I'd cook extra and pop it over!
Hope you and your family are okay.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Pilgrimchick

You must miss your boyfriend when he is away? But I'm glad he cooks you amazing meals when he's back!
Happy weekend.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

How are you after your very sad news?

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Kate! Good old Marks and Spencers, I shall be keeping those dishes for future use.
Hope you have a fab weekend!