Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Fish and chips

They met in a fish and chip shop.
Everyone has to meet somewhere.
“Can I have one of your chips?” was the first sentence she spoke to him.
Everyone has to begin a conversation somewhere.
Apparently he was attracted to her cheeky personality and her friendly smile.
Apparently she was attracted to his big bag of chips.
But then she noticed the colour of his eyes and his mild mannered nature.
Their conversation flowed over a can of diet coke.
They discovered she attended the same college as his brother.
They decided to swap telephone numbers and meet for a drink.
He called her, nervously, the very next day.
She was pleased to hear from him, and arranged to meet him again.
Their first date proceeded in a local pub.
The night flew by at an alarming rate.
They were sad when the first date was over and they had to say goodbye.
They couldn’t wait to see each other again.
There was a second date.
And a third.
A fourth and fifth too.
Weeks turned into months and they were still enjoying each others company.
He told her he loved her.
She said she loved him too.
They bought a small house together.
He bought fish and chips for the first meal in their new house.
“Can I have one of your chips?” was the first sentence she spoke to him.
He asked her to marry him.

And the pictures below are from their wedding day.
My little cousin Sam and his new wife.

Cutting the cake.


First dance.

13 comments:

Bitter Chocolate said...

Aww what a beautiful story! I have to say I was incredibly pleased to find out it was real! I wish things were that simple for me some day :) Congrats to your cousin, she looked beautiful on the special day!

Amel said...

AWWWW...beautiful, beautiful story and pictures. Love the wedding gown and the cake! :-D

ChicagoWing said...

You really set that up well. You begin reading the story and are sure it's fiction, then, voila! It really is someone you know. Awesome posting!!
By the way, are things still going well with your boyfriend??

ChicagoWing said...

oops by the way,
I meant that the READER is sure that the story is fictional, but it actually isn't!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Bitter Choc. How are you? I tried to post something on your blog the other day but failed!
Glad you liked the (real life!) story.

The World According To Me said...

Thank you Amel.
Dress is gorgeous don't you think. It was a prefect day and the perfect start to their married life.

The World According To Me said...

Thank you ChicagoWing, I'm loving the fact you enjoyed reading it. I wish I had more time to write, I have so many ideas (fact and fiction) swimming around in that head of mine.
Things are great with my boyfriend, thanks for asking. All is great, touch wood! Have a good weekend.

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--what an incredible story, and a fabulous happy ending, too.

Blur Ting said...

Aw, I thought it was your story!! Nice one with a happy ending.

When will you tell us your story?

The World According To Me said...

Hi PilgrimChick. Hope you are well.
Happy endings are the best!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur. How are you?

Okay, I'll tell you my story soon!

Eryl Shields said...

Wonderful story. Are they dancing in a bathroom?

The World According To Me said...

Hi Eryl

I wish I had a bathroom like that. Ha, ha!