Sunday, 11 April 2010

Food and drink and temples

Thailand is becoming a distant memory.
I've soon settled back into reality. Early morning alarm calls, commuting to and from work, staring at my computer screen, cooking and cleaning, and singing Karaoke songs with friends in a very undignified manner.
The first week back has been hard. I've been trying to motivate myself but I can't help wishing I was still lazing around the pool and eating Thai currys and drinking Thai beer.
At least I still have my pictures to stare at and remind me of the amazing time I spent at Koh Samui.

Coming soon: Life's a beach!

Lunch on the sea front.


Cocktails and card games.


The barbeque.


The VW bar.


Temple in Koh Samui.


The temple near the big buddha.

11 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Gosh, all that pictures makes me wish I was in Thailand lazing around the pool and eating Thai currys and Thai beer too :D

Blur Ting said...

Nice! I had lunch by the Koh Samui seafront years ago too. The chilli mussells were so addictive, we ordered a second plate to share, a huge one!

Mary Smith said...

Yes, life at home just doesn't compare to Thailand. I really enjoy all your photos. Brings back memories!

Eryl Shields said...

Fantastic photos, and I love the VW bar!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

It's a great place to laze around and enjoy the delicacies!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

Lunch on the beach, you can't beat it!

The World According To Me said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Mary Smith. Good memories hey!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Eryl

Yeah I liked the VW bar too!

Amel said...

I know what you mean - it's hard to get back to work after a nice holiday, eh? LOVE the pics, though. :-D Wonderful weather, great friends, great food and drinks...mmmm...

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

Are you finding it hard after your holiday? It looks like you had a fab time.

Amel said...

Not too hard this time 'coz I missed my colleagues and the kids already he he he...