Saturday, 13 March 2010

Where the streets are paved with gold

I miss working in London. The sights, the shops, the bars, the restaurants, the atmosphere. I joined my old work friends for birthday drinks the other night (I miss them too but it was great to see them again), and I decided I should visit London more often.
So that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. A Chinese restaurant with a special someone, a Sunday stroll around Canary Wharf, cocktails and dancing for a friends birthday night out, and an unexpected film premier with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler.
That’s what I’ve been doing recently, and it’s been so much fun.

Sunday afternoon


Which way?


Vue cinema


Photo opportunity


The stars of Bounty Hunter


Jen

8 comments:

Amel said...

Hey, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics and I LOVE the fact you've been enjoying your time so much. I could do with some Chinese food hi hi...

Eryl Shields said...

Glad to hear you're getting out and having fun. When did you stop working in London, have I missed something?

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

It was an expensive Chinese food but very tasty indeed! Yeah, dare I say it, everything has been great recently. Better than blue January anyway!
Hope you're well.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Eryl

How are you?

Well, I worked in London for years and years, but when I got made redundant (last year) I took a job in Hertfordshire. Liked the change at first, but miss the big city now! Hence lots of visits recently.

Nick Phillips said...

Just looking at the pictures alone shows how much fun you're having :D Good for you :D

Mary Smith said...

London is just an amazing city. I love it too!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

Yep, had lots of fun in London. And Thailand too!

The World According To Me said...

Here, here, Mary! You can't beat the streets of London.