Friday, 9 October 2009

Domesticated bliss

I am swimming in a sea of domesticated bliss.
I am floating in a bubble of washing detergents and fabric softeners.
I am clinging to a cloud of air fresheners and Mr polish.
I am drifting along supermarket aisles, lost in the world of calorie counting and price comparing.
I am chopping, I am stirring, I am engulfed in an aroma of herbs and spices.
I am planning, I am organising, I am entertaining.
I am listening to the merry sound of laugher and huge wine glasses clinking.
I am lighting scented candles and creating atmospheres.
I am gazing lovingly at Argos catalogues and Ikea web pages.
I am dreaming of colour schemes and fantasising with fancy fabrics.
I am submerged in happiness, I am covered in a blanket of contentedness.
I am embracing my independence, my freedom, my new life.
I am back in the house by the pylon, and the house by the pylon has welcomed me back.

13 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Sounds like you are having a great time!

Have a Great Weekend ahead!!

Nick Phillips said...

I agree with WaterLearner, sounds like you're having great time :D

Amel's Realm said...

Ahhhh...I remember when we moved to this current (bigger) apartment about 8 months ago. Back then I was SO excited looking at carpets and stuff to fill the empty space here...my first time moving somewhere as an adult, you know? I mean moving to a new place where I got to think of the sofa and carpets and everything he he he he...

Bliss, oh, bliss...I'm HAPPY for you! :-D

Blur Ting said...

It's a fun house!

spangleystar said...

I am eating smoked salmon pate on ryvitas ;o)

The World According To Me said...

I'm loving it thanks Waterlearner. Hope you're good.

The World According To Me said...

Yep, it's been fun Nick. Domesticated bliss.

The World According To Me said...

I know exactly how you feel Amel. It is exciting having a place to call your own and decorating and furnishing, putting your own personal stamp inside four walls.

The World According To Me said...

It cerainly is Blur, and it's good to be back.

The World According To Me said...

I am loving your food choice Spangleystar. x

Amel's Realm said...

Personal stamp!!! YESSS!!! That's the phrase!!! Before moving to this apt, I never had to put any personal stamp too much (except my room, but that's a whole different thing 'coz I didn't even have to buy the beds etc.) he he he...

spangleystar said...

Why are we waiting - why are we waiting why are we waiting oh why why why - have you joined in the royal mail strike ;o)
xxx

The World According To Me said...

Spangleystar, cheeky but true my love. Sorry for the delay, lots more to come! xxxx