Thursday, 16 July 2009

Sainsbury's special offer

I wish that some how, some where, in some place, you could buy extra time.
Could you imagine it? Whilst you were roaming around the supermarket, buying your fruit and veg, you paused at the time counter.
Perhaps the time counter would be next to the cheese counter. If it was me, I would greedily point at the blue cheese and order a hefty portion to feed my cheese obsession. I would then fathom out how much extra time was required for my week ahead (especially essential as I had lots of extra cheese to eat) and place my time order at the time counter.
I predict it would be a popular counter. There would probably be a long queue of impatient customers, tapping their feet and complaining they didn’t have the time to queue for their time!
Time. I’m sure it must be something we are all guilty of complaining about. For example, have you ever repeated one of the following statements:

I wish there were more hours in the day!
I wish there were more days in the week!
I just don’t seem to have the time these days!
Where has the time gone!

Can you see my point? I think we are all victims of time.
Time controls us.
Time lets us down.
Time can be our friend.
Time can be our enemy.
What a powerful thing time is. Needless to say, buying extra time at the supermarket could be the solution we are searching for. Maybe I should ask my local MP for his advice, suggest that local shops stock up on extra time. We would all benefit from this, I have everyones best interests at heart.
Okay, let’s be realistic here and face hard facts. If I was to discuss time counters with my local MP, he would likely suggest I visit my local doctor and stop scaring innocent residents with my wacky ideas. Or he’d accuse me of smoking the wacky backy.
You may well be wondering what’s brought all this time talk on. It’s simple - I wish there were more hours in the day!
I sneakily checked my blog this morning when I arrived at my not so new office, water cup in one hand and coffee cup in the other. I was a little tired from meeting my friend for a quick three drinks in a shabby chic decorated bar last night.
I miss writing my blog every day, I miss reading others blogs every day. I just don’t seem to have the time these days! I am hardly ever at home, and I’m not really suppose to use the internet at work.
Crikey, how come you're never at home, you could ask. Well, recently my time has been spent watching Oasis perform at Wembley (they rocked), participating in an evening of bowling with my not so new colleges, dining out with friends, dining in with friends, dancing to Michael Jackson (RIP Jacko) in a new bar in my local high street, dancing to George at a wedding reception, serenading strangers with Oasis songs at a house party, being stalked by an X factor reject, attending my photography club and photoshop evenings with other club members, travelling up and down the country in search of a new printer for our relaunch magazine, and barbecuing at a friend's house.
So now you know, if you were wondering.
Next, dear readers, it's time for something completely different - I would like to have more time for myself.
I need to sleep more.
I need to relax more.
I need to exercise more and drink less.
I need to stop spending money at an alarming rate.
I need to blog more.
I need more time.
Thanks for baring with me regarding my regular absences, I know you must all have busy lives too and I do appreciate you still stopping by to read and comment.
Crucial fact - it's been two years since I began this blog, and I missed FPE’s second birthday! Sorry for neglecting FPE's. I hope you forgive me and we’re still friends.
So you see my point with this post, I need more time! But I’m working on it. Perhaps I’ll stop by my local MP’s house on the way home from the office, for a friendly chat.
Or maybe I should go straight home, no stopping off at bars or shops, or friends houses. No distractions, no detours. Go to my house, do not go outside my house, eat my shepherds pie, and finally have some time for myself.

16 comments:

Eryl Shields said...

If I could I'd give you some of my time, I seem to have far too much of it so I waste it, then I run out and wonder where it went. If I had less I may be less inclined to faff about.

Amel's Realm said...

Hey, it's summer, so you should enjoy time out with friends and watch concerts and stuff like that...but you're right...sometimes I also hope we have more time in a day he he...

I'm definitely going to have this wish after I start my training on Monday. :-D

But you're also right about finding balance...after partying hard and doing so much stuff, you do need time for yourself. So just take care and enjoy your "me time" he he...

And HAPPY 2nd blogsversary for FPE!!!

Krystle said...

How I understand you! I'm in the same situation myself..I barely have time to update my blog lately..it's been nearly two months since my last post! I too wish I had more time some days!

bdw Happy blogoversary :)

Blur Ting said...

It shows you've got a life! We are just envious!

Mary Smith said...

Hey I think it's worth it to be away from blogging, especially when you are having fun! I think a lot of blogs slow down in the summer. I understand completely what you mean about time. You almost took the words right out of my mouth!

spangleystar said...

Tell me about the X factor stalker !!!
xxx

bazzie said...

Now if Sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) sold time as a BOGOFF, you could get even more for your money. But then a lot of that extra time would be spent queuing at the checkout, so it could be a bit self-defeating.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hey that was certainly wonderful, despite lacking time, I would trade that wonderful outings and fun stuff for blogging :) except, I really can't do pub now, I mean, before I got here, I thought yeah let's go for a pint everyday at an English pub. Then I saw the price. And I fainted. End of story! :(

The World According To Me said...

Hi Eryl

Wouldn't it be good if we could trade time too? Perhaps I could have some of your time in exchange for, erm, well, if there anything you would like for it?!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Amel

It's hard to find the ideal balance, but that's what I need in my life. I need to go out and let my hair down but I also need to stay indoors and chill. I also need time for hobbies and constuctive things.

How's the training?

The World According To Me said...

Wow, two months since you blogged. You've been a busy bee too. Hope all is good in your side of this busy world.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

It seems you've been busy too. I had a peep at your life yesterday. Be over again real soon.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Mary Smith

Are you having a nice summer? We're having a wet one in the UK! I look forward to seeing some of your fab pictures soon.

The World According To Me said...

Spangley star, you light up my life!

The X factor reject followed me around in the new bar and the house party, breaking into song every two minutes! Watch out for him at the X factor auditons very soon!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Bazzie

Welcome to Flying Pink Elephants!

I see your point with the time queing for the BOGOFF!

The World According To Me said...

Hello The Real Mother Hen

Oh yes, the price of beer in London is shocking!

I hope you're good. See you soon.