Monday, 27 July 2009

Come Dine With Me Part Two

A little while ago, I mentioned the fateful words Come Dine With Me Part Two. I also mentioned that for part two of the Come Dine With Me experience, it would be my turn to cook a fabulous themed mystery feast.
For those of you who have been scratching your head in bewilderment, with a big question mark above your head, with regards to my mystery themed feast, allow me to rescue you from your bewilderment.

Below, dear readers, is my themed menu. Which, in retrospect, is really not that surprising or mysterious!

The George Michael/Greek menu

Club Tropicano

Sip into paradise with a sea breeze cocktail.

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Humus, taramasalata and pita bread to tantalise your taste buds.

Everything She Wants
Everything you could possibly want in stuffed peppers.

A Different Corner
Moussaka with a difference, accompanied with traditional Greek salad.

Edge of Heaven with a Careless Whisper
A trifle of heaven and a chocolate careless whisper.

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Coffee and mints.

I couldn’t resist it. Personally I am a huge fan of Greek food and I’m an even bigger fan of George (who incidentally is Greek/Cypriot origin), so I thought I would tie the two together. Predicable? At the end of the day, I am a faithful creature of habit!
Cocktails were sipped, pita bread was dipped, mushrooms were chopped and trifle was topped. All to the dulcet sound of George’s voice.
It’s rather lucky that my friend is partial to George too and did not mind me taking over their kitchen with George CD’s, cooking ingredients and implements. I even brought Greek flags, Greek wine and sunflowers for the occasion, so we could fantasise that we were sitting in a Greek restaurant, over looking the sparkling Mediterranean sea, with lemon and olive trees for company. A little bit of make believe is healthy for the soul!
After dinner we pretended we were rock stars and attempted to write a number one hit using the word apple.

For your viewing pleasure, a few picture from the night. (In our enjoyment my friend forgot to mark my cooking efforts but has promised my marks on a DVD through my post box very soon...)

Tuck in!


The make believe Greek restaurant.

13 comments:

Eryl Shields said...

Sound utterly fabulous, and makes me want to do a themed meal now!

Did you know that the publication of Finnegan's Wake was delayed because James Joyce wanted the cover to be the exact same colour as the Greek flag and it kept coming out slightly the wrong tone?

Nick Phillips said...

What? You're a fan of George Micheal? I could never tell ... hehehe ...

But hey, I love the way you named your dishes after his songs :D

The World According To Me said...

Thanks for the Greek flag fact. He should have used one of my printers!

Hmmm. What themed meal would you cook?

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

I kept it quiet, didn't I! I really should be more vocal about my George obssession!!

Amel's Realm said...

AAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH I WISH I had been your guest!!!! ARRRGGHHHH!!! He he he he...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your themed menu! :-D You're SO creative!

The Real Mother Hen said...

You are SO creative! I love the menu immediately!

And the food looks so yummy! Goodness, you ARE good! :)

spangleystar said...

When you making that moussaka for me - looks heavenly xxx

The World According To Me said...

Hello Amel

Glad you liked it. I couldn't resist it.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Amel

Glad you liked it. I couldn't resist it.

The World According To Me said...

Hey thanks for saying so The Real Mother Hen!

Hope all is good with you.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Spangleystar

Maybe I'll make it for you when you're a Mrs!xxx

Mary Smith said...

That menu is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing that! George Michael and Greek, too good to be true!

The World According To Me said...

You said it Mary! Too good to be true! Hope you are well.