Monday, 29 June 2009

Alfie

On the 16th January 1988, at about 11pm, I was sitting in my cousin Sarah’s bedroom.
Wow, you may be thinking, what an astonishingly acute memory you have. Or, you could be thinking, why the heck do you feel the need to tell me this?
Well, I can definitely confirm my memory is not astonishingly acute. For example, sometimes I can walk up the stairs to fetch something, and completely forget what I am suppose to be fetching. Sometimes I can remember to do something vitally important, but then completely forget what I am suppose to be doing. And I won’t even mention forgetting to collect bags/cameras/purses from taxis/window sills/ cinema seats.
The reason I know this date, and the reason why I am telling you this date, is because that’s the day my cousin Sam was born. My little cousin Sam who is not so little these days. My little cousin Sam who now towers above me. My little cousin Sam who now has a baby of his own.
Three weeks ago I heard the joyful news that Sam had become a father. A father to baby Alfie. It brought the memories flooding back to the night I was at my cousin Sarahs, and we heard the news that baby Sam had entered the world.
Has twenty one years really passed?! Has it really been twenty one years since I held Sam, wrapped in his blanket, when he was two days old? The little boy I watched grow up and grow into a young man. The little boy who is now a father. Where have all the years gone to?!
But one thing I do know for sure, is how much Alfie is loved and cherished. How we have all welcomed him to the family. How proud we all are to hold Sam's son.
And you never know, in another twenty one years maybe Alfie will have reproduced and I will be toasting the health of his son?!
But for now, I'll just say, here's to many happy times ahead, and a big welcome to this mad world, Alfie.

Alfie.

28 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Welcome to this crazy world lil Alfie :D Here's hoping you'll be able to change the world and make it a better place for all of us :D

Amel's Realm said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW...what a darling! Welcome to the world, Alfie...wish you happiness and esp. all the best things in life that money can't buy!!!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

What a little cutie pie!!

Time does speed by in a jet plane, doesn't it? One day I woke up and my "baby" was 12. Does that mean...? Why yes, it does!

Kate said...

He's so cute!

Krystle said...

How cute!! :) Welcome to the world baby Alfie :) Congrats to your cousin!

Eryl Shields said...

Wonderful, good luck to Sam and Alfie, X

Mary Smith said...

Awww! He's adorable! How time flies!

spangleystar said...

BEAUTIFUL ! xxx

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh congrats, congrats, he is one cute baby! :)

Amel's Realm said...

Where have you beeennnnnn???? I MISS reading your posstttttssssssss he he...Anyway, hope you're doing fine and enjoying summer! :-D

La Delirante said...

:) Sooo cute :)

Blur Ting said...

Little Alfie is cute!

Dav DiDi said...

Years passed without we realize how fast can it fly away ..

Anyway ... welcome to Alfie!!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks for Alfie's welcome Nick! I hope he makes it a better place too.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Amel

Yep, here's wishing Alfie happiness, particualy happiness that money can't buy.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Katherine

So you're 12 year old is not such a baby anymore?! Yep, time really can speed along...

The World According To Me said...

Hello Kate

He's adorable, isn't he.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Krystle

How's your new job going?

The World According To Me said...

Hello and cheers Eryl!

The World According To Me said...

Time certainly does fly by Mary!

The World According To Me said...

He really is, spangleystar. x

The World According To Me said...

Thanks the real mother hen. I couldn't stop staring at him when I met him. Can't wait to see him again and watch him grow up.

The World According To Me said...

Sorry Amel. I wish I had more time these days, but I will def be staying in more in the future due to housing plans! Will tell you more when it happens! In the mean time, I'll try to blog more...

The World According To Me said...

Hi La Delirante

How have you been?

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur.

He's a very special little boy.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Dav Didi.

Hope you're well.

三杯雞Sam said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社

宮保雞丁Alex said...

,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社