Monday, 19 January 2009

A professional birthday celebrator

I like to help my friends celebrate their birthdays. Maybe that could be my next career - a professional birthday celebrator. It might be the job for me. I could be the one who lifts spirits and plays tunes, dances around tables and supplies everyone with pink champagne. I can think of worse things to do!
It was my friends birthday at the weekend, my friend who's moved many miles away to greener countryside and bluer skies, and to be close to the sea.
I travelled by train to join her on Saturday. A chicken roll and Heat magazine accompanied me on my journey, and when I arrived at the train station there were hugs and big smiles all round. And then we began the task at hand - celebrating my friends birthday!

Here's my top tips to guarantee a top birthday night out.

1. Always eat before drinking. Stomachs should never be empty before alcohol. Empty stomachs could potentially cause all sorts of problems emotionally and physically, and turn ones behaviour erratic and unacceptable. We tucked into McDonalds, and then opened the pink champagne. McDonalds and champagne, classy!
2. Getting ready should be part of the night out. We swapped make-up and jewellery and praised each others choice of outfits. Whilst listening to loud dance music, to create the correct atmosphere.
3.Take photographs before leaving the house and while everyone is still looking fresh. Photographs are the best memories for a birthday night out. And nobody wants to see a picture of themselves when their hair resembles an untidy birds nest, make-up is smeared all over their face and their eyes are blood shot and blurry.
4. Book your taxi/taxis to your destination in advance, so you arrive at your venue on time and not flustered.
5. Circulate, drink, dance and have fun!
6. Dance on tables, wear lampshades on your head and kick your boots off if your feet are hurting.
7. Try not to loose your bracelet/purse/bag/camera/money/contact lens/mind. Loosing things could spoil your night.
8. Do not bring unbalanced people out who could ruin part of the evening, by abusing cab drivers and kicking friends in the shin. (That wasn't me by the way, it was a girl I have never met before, but we won't dwell on that.)

I hope you had a pleasant weekend, dearest FPE readers.
Did you celebrate any birthdays?
Do you care to share your top tips for a successful night out?

Making the final arrangements.


Praising outfits.


Photo opportunity.

22 comments:

Eryl Shields said...

I love the bottom photograph, it completely sums up the perfect start to a perfect night out with friends.

As for your career idea, I actually know someone who does that, in Italy, and she makes a mint!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow that sounded fun and I laughed out loud at "wear lampshades on your head" haha :)

Amel's Realm said...

AWWW...that looks like a GREAT time indeed! And hey...that career choice sounds FAB! ;-D

Tips for a successful night out? Hmmm...be careful when a stranger offers to buy you a drink since you might end up being drugged and kidnapped and even worse? HE HE HE...

The World According To Me said...

Hi Eryl

Wow, you know someone who does that for a career, sounds a blast. And she makes a mint! I'm impressed.

The World According To Me said...

Hello The Real Mother Hen

He, he, I found a lampshade and couldn't resist wearing it. It was then passed around and placed on many people's heads. Maybe the look will catch on?!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

That is a very good tip. A very wise tip. Take note girls!

Blur Ting said...

You're really good at this! I haven't had a party like that in years. I mean YEARSSS!

jyankee said...

Some very good tips... as for the lampshades...yeah...! Or as the japanese do...tie their neckties around their heads! LOL
and...always be ready to run at the last minute's notice...!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

Sometimes I'm a bit too good at partying! It was a great night though, and it had been a little while since I partyed that hard!

FLRXMAN said...

darn, I should have hired you to plan my birthday, (it was on the 12th)

Dav DiDi said...

Sounds like a very enjoying moment .. hhmmm, here in my home town, we are preparing to celebrate chinese new year ..hopefully it will be fun too

WaterLearner said...

Wow... you hold a Masters in Birthday Celebrations? University fo FPE?

Great tips indeed!

Mary Smith said...

Thanks for the tips! I'll use them on my next ladies' night out!

Nick Phillips said...

Sounds like fun :D Looks like you're going to give me a run for my money in my party business ... hehehe ...

The World According To Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Neckties around your head could be another good party look!
And running fast, but are we running from the loud people or the huge bar bill?!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Flrxman

Happy belated birthday for the 12th! Did you drink beer and party?

The World According To Me said...

Hi Dav Didi

How are you? Chinese New Year sounds fun. Be over to you soon...

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Waterlearner!

I guess I've had plenty of practice. Any excuse for a party...

The World According To Me said...

You're welcome Mary! Feel free to add your own twists to the party!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

How is your party business going? Be over to you soon. Whose party is it anyway!

La Delirante said...

I loved your comment about taking pictures before the party :)

It is also very true that it is better to eat before drinking.

The World According To Me said...

Hello La Delirante

I suppose you could always do the 'before and 'after' pictures and compare! Hope you're okay.