Tuesday, 9 December 2008

3,001 office Christmas parties

It feels as if I have been to 3,001 office Christmas parties. In reality it’s not nearly as many as that, but the theme is always the same – I always loose something.
This time the lost item was my right contact lens. Today I can only see out of my left eye. It’s rather an unbalanced feeling, but I figured it’s best to see out of one eye than not at all. Unfortunately they were my last pair, and my glasses are sitting beside my bed at home (a fat lot of good they are at home, I hear you say) and I haven’t been home yet.
Last night I stayed the night at my work colleague and friends house, after the Christmas party. It took us a very long time to reach her house as we managed to walk to the wrong train station, board the wrong train and journey in the wrong direction. We realised our errors after we stopped singing, and then we realised we’d missed the last train home. So it was an expensive black cab for us. That will teach us for being so careless. And for singing when we should have been concentrating.
Oh and my work colleague and friend forgot to collect her coat at the end of the night. Not quite as silly as it sounds, she was wearing my coat, therefore she did not feel the cold, otherwise she would have remembered that she had forgotten it. I had two coats with me, as I really feel the cold and tend to wear far too many layers in the winter. Luckily for her, the venue still has her coat.
I’m just glad I sensibly left my new and heavy camera at home, thus making it impossible to absent mindlessly leave it on a window sill/table/chair/dance floor. A right contact lens I can cope with loosing, but not my precious camera.
Alas, there are no pictures from the office Christmas party. You’ll have to use your imagination and imagine the breaded goats cheese, turkey with vegetables and potatoes, raspberry cheesecake, and many wine bottles. And the packed dance floor. And me dancing to George Michael in a very animated fashion. That was before the forgotten coat, the missed (correct) last train home and a lost contact lens.
All in all, a typical office Christmas party.

16 comments:

spangleystar said...

I'm starting to think you're a secret trainspotter... twice in so many months boarding the wrong train !!!
xxx

The World According To Me said...

I just like to complicate my life! How boring would I be if I did every thing right?! That's my excuse anyway.

xxx

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

Hey! Love the new blog look!!! Is that photo from your new camera?

Don't take this wrong, but you're pretty (I'm happily married).

: )

Eryl said...

Sounds like you had a great night! And I love the new look.

Nick Phillips said...

What? Good old George was there? LOL! Sounds to me like you had a jolly good time and the new looks is great :D

jyankee said...

hey everyone has to have a little drama in their life some time! ha ha... new blog look eh? don't count how many times i've changed mine!

Blur Ting said...

Hey new look! Very nice! Your office party sounds like a really jolly one. Enough for you all to forget coats and board all the wrong trains! Sometimes we need to go a little crazy like this to destress. Yah, I can imagine you being happy and all :-)

The World According To Me said...

Hi Katherine

Good to hear you like the new look blog. I decided it was time for a change. The picture was actually taken with my old camera, I've been playing around to see which ones looked okay on the new look blog.

Hey, thanks for the compliment! Personally I think black and white pictures can be quite flattering! Believe me, I have my off days and my off photos!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Eryl

It was fun! Every year there is a story to tell - and a lost item.
Thanks for saying you like Flying Pink Elephants face lift!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

George was there in spirit! I'm sure he would have been there in person, had he known I would be there for the night! One of these days he'll be stalking me and obsessing over with me, I can tell these things!

Glad you like the new look.

The World According To Me said...

HI Jyankee

Yep, drama keeps us on our toes. Who wants a quiet life?!

Is it still snowing on your blog? Very clever to be able to blog snow!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

Glad you like the new look.

It was a jolly time. My colleague and I were talking this morning about the coat, she can't believe she forgot it and I can't believe I didn't realise she'd forgotten it!
At least the cab took us home safe and sound!

Amel's Realm said...

Parties, parties, parties!!! I'm going to have a pre-Xmas party with my friends this Saturday at a pizza resto. Looking forward to it HE HE HE...

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

Have fun at your pre-Xmas party with friends! It does sound like fun.

Krystle said...

Great new look for the blog! :)

It's nice to have office parties I think :) We are not going to have one here where I work..since every department has to organise his own, and no one organised anything for ours!

The World According To Me said...

Glad you like the new look Krystle.

Do you think anyone will organise a party in time for Christmas?