Saturday, 29 November 2008

Time for a walk

It has been a chilly and grey day in the UK. Despite the weather, I wrapped up warm in my black and white winter coat, my thermal socks and leather gloves, with jeans and a cosy jumper, and I went for a walk. Oh and I took my new camera. Of course.

The leaves have fallen to the ground and the bare trees are standing proud in my local park.


This is the windmill land mark opposite the park. It is considered to be one of the finest examples of a “Smock” windmill remaining in England. It was built in 1803 by James Noakes, a local farmer. Now it is open to the public on certain days, to look around and learn the history of.




The church I was christened in 35 years ago.






In loving memory of those who lost their lives in the first and second world war.

16 comments:

Eryl Shields said...

Great tree!

Blur Ting said...

Lovely pictures. The weatherlooks grey indeed and the tree is so bald! I hope I can get used to the cold.

It's nice of you to suggest coming to my hotel. Lebanese food sounds perfect! I will be waiting at the lobby at 6.30pm. I so look forward to our meeting :-)

jyankee said...

Some great pics...and so neat that you will meet up with Blur! Lebanese food? What exactly is in Lebanese food? (Forgive my ignorance....) So, you likin your new camera?

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Eryl! Hope everything is okay with you.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

I would wrap up warm for the UK weather!

I am so looking forward to seeing you too! I shall see you at 6.30 in your hotel lobby. Glad you like the sound of the restuarant. I'm thinking about the food already!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Are you having a nice weekend? Any news regarding the job?

Lebanese food is lots of courses of fish and meat and dips. It sounds delicious and it's making me hungry already!

And yes I love my camera!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

How cool (literally)! I love walking in the cold (which is one reason I probably HAVE a cold right now). That church door is my favorite. What are those wreaths made of?

The World According To Me said...

Hi Katherine

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your cold.
The wreaths are made from paper poppies, for remembrance Sunday.

Amel's Realm said...

GREAT pics! It's always nice to try taking many pics with a new camera!

Nick Phillips said...

I love the windmill :D And I've always enjoyed the cold weather though we don't get too many of them over here.

Mary Smith said...

How fortunate you are to have such quaint old buildings to enjoy. Thanks for taking us on your walk!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel.

The weather forecast in the UK is threatening snow, so I may have some snow pictures too!

The World According To Me said...

It was a pleasure to take you on my walk Mary!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

The windmill is quite a famous land mark where I live.

If you like the cold, you'd like it in the UK now!

Purple Cat said...

Thanks a lot for your kind comment. I really appreciate your work too! Keep in touch!
XX PC

Amel's Realm said...

COOL!!! I wanna see UK in snow! ;-D