Saturday, 15 November 2008

Recharging my batteries

Staying in. It's the new going out. As much as I love to dine out or dine at friends, visit places I have never been to before and generally have a good time, sometimes I crave an evening at home. It's not that I'm dull or anti-sociable, far from it at times, but it's nice to recharge your batteries and relax. Wouldn't you agree?
Tonight I've got it all worked out. I have a plate of my favourite 'staying in' food waiting for me - quiches, cheeses, pates, crusty bread and salad. I have my new Stephen King book to absorb myself in, and entertainment on the television including Come Dancing and The X Factor. Both programmes are enormous hits in the UK and you can guarantee the dancing and the singing will be discussed next week, in the office and with friends.
I'm also itching to put my black and white spotty pyjamas on, after indulging in a huge vanilla essence bubble bath. Bliss. There is no way in this world I would swap places with anyone else tonight.
Staying in. Who needs to go out in the cold and dark when I have the green armchair, my favourite food, singing and dancing, Stephen King and a bubble bath.
Besides, I've had an enjoyable day at the photography exhibition in my local theatre. My photography club are displaying but I didn't print any of mine out as I still don't think I'm up to their standard. And I went to my cousins house. It was her youngest sons first birthday. There were plenty of presents and smiles.

Pictures of the day:

The exhibition.


Playing.

10 comments:

jyankee said...

We all need a re-charge. I love just staying at home and doing nothing too! Though I think my days of partying and going out are pretty much "over" LOL! Enjoy your "stay at home"... you'll indeed feel refreshed the next day!

shello said...

Ah yes, bliss. I'v been 'staying in' a lot too. The kids sleep at around 8, then it's just me, a book and a cuppa. Single life gotta love it :)

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Here, here! Staying at home can be great. I'm all re-charged and refreshed. I felt so good when I woke up this mornng that I even went to the gym!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Shello

Single life really aint that bad. You can be your own boss and do as you damn well please!

Nick Phillips said...

It's good to stay home and recharge every now and then. I've been doing that a lot these days :D

Blur Ting said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. I like restful weekends like this too. But mine are hardly restful. Too many chores.

suchthings.ca said...

Staying in sounds completely enticing to me!!! Especially how you described your evening!
Mary:)

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

I agree, it's healthy to stay in and chill. And cheaper than going out! Mind you, I have so much going on now until Christmas that I don't think I'm going to be able to do it too often. Shame. I'll enjoy it while I can!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

I guess it's different for you, having a house and two sons to look after. Hope you get to recharge soon.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Mary

How are you? It was a great staying in evening!