Monday, 10 November 2008

Girl's night out

It has become a tradition amongst my circle of friends to go a little bit crazy on my birthday.
A few weeks in advance an email is circulated, a night is booked, a new venue is chosen, a private area reserved and bar food ordered. Then the count down begins.
Basically, it’s the perfect excuse for us all to get together and let our hairs down. Not that we really need an excuse but we all lead such busy lives these days that it can be tricky to pin point a night out. Therefore, I always try on my birthday night out to see as many of my friends as possible.
This year was no exception. Emails flew backwards and forwards, my friends from far away planned their journeys to London, and a suitable apartment was found for certain individuals to stay in at the end of the night. Usually new outfits are bought too, although this year I managed to recycle an outfit (finances are tighter these days) but the usual, "What are you wearing?" conversations were held and body parts and clothing analysed.
And so, last Friday night at 6pm the fun began. The Wax Bar was this years destination. Retro decor, pop music and plenty of bottles of wine. Friends walked through the doors, squeals of delight could be heard and for six solid hours we did not stop talking and laughing. I think we danced too. Oh and I insisted that my friend Sarah participated in swimming lessons. Don’t ask. There is usually a story or two to tell after our night out. Usually we are texting, telephoning and emailing for days after the event, reminiscing our behaviour and roaring with laughter every time we are reminded of various actions.
However, last Friday night after six hours the evening did not end for three of us. Oh no, three of us trailed through London in a black cab to an apartment in the Docklands area. The three of us who live in different corners of the country and who did not want the night to end in the Wax Bar. Petrol garage food was greedily eaten in the apartment lounge and our lives were discussed in great detail. We never run out of things to say. Although after a few hours even we had to admit defeat and retire to our bedrooms, yawning and muttering, “Look at the time, we’ve done it again!”
We looked a sight for sore eyes the next day. It was worth it though, and as my friend Caron's email began this morning, "Oh what fun we had!” It then finished with the words, “Thank goodness it’s at least 358 days until we do it all again.”
Yep, we are all still recovering from the girl's night out. Maybe it is just as well that birthdays only come along once a year.

Pictures of the day:

Girl's night out.






20 comments:

Bitter Chocolate said...

Well done, partying should be taken seriously ;) Though you should master the art of finding more excuses for it :D

Amel's Realm said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY TO YOUUUUUU...

Awwww you girlies really know how to party and you're all GORGEOUS!!! ;-D

Faith said...

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooo gutted I missed this years knees up, due to me still not mastering the art of my new super phone(way way to advanced for me! actually believe it could be posessed!) and you having a huge workload i decided to read the blog to find out what kind of antics you lot got up to. Photos look great you all don't look our age, but did you feel it the next day? May need more details about the swimming lesson! Looks like you had fun however I believe alot of those photos may have been taken early rather than later in the eveing! Im basing this on passed photographic evidance i have of us all and you on bday celetrations. I remember my last words to you was hope you come home slightly bruised very hung over with missing memories that pop back up the next day! All done in the best possible taste of course! Love you, be there with knobs on next year! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Krystle said...

Girls nights out are always fun and something to look forward to:) Sometimes we are so busy that we barely have time to meet..but then when we do we deserve to make the most of it don't we?:) Glad you enjoyed your birthday night out! It's great fun to talk about it later and remember things which were said :)

Dav DiDi said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Nick Phillips said...

Well Happy Birthday to you :D Here's wishing you nothing but the best on your special day ...

jyankee said...

Wow... happy belated birthday... Lovely pics... don't you have any pics of when you're all starting to look blurry eyed and fading away???? LOL....

Blur Ting said...

Happy Birthday, you look so radiant and beautiful!

You're such a wonderful person, your girlfriends travel all the way to London to celebrate with you!

Amel's Realm said...

OHHHHH so the big fishes were from Underwater World?????? COOL!!! ;-D

nyumix said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you. Long time no see (Mean : did not drop by here :))

Nice that you had so much fun.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Bitter Chocolate.

I take my partying very seriously! But more excuses needed!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel. We all wore our party frocks for the occasion!

The World According To Me said...

You gotta have faith!
There's always next year honey. And I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities beforehand.
As you can see the photos were taken at the beginning of the night. No photograph evidence after a certain time!
Love ya too and see you soon. xxxxx

The World According To Me said...

Hi Krystle

How was your girls night out the other night? Will pop over and see you soon, work has overtaken my brain recently.

Oh we definitely made the most of it. Hope you did too!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Dav Didi. Hope all is good with you. Sorry I haven't been about much recently but I've been consumed in my work!

The World According To Me said...

Arr thanks Blur, I didn’t look so radiant at the end of the night!

I’m very lucky to have such wonderful friends. I truly am blessed in that department.

The World According To Me said...

Thank you Nick! I like to stretch out my celebrating!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

The camera was banned/forgotten about after a few glasses of wine. Just as well really!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel.

Yep I saw the big fishes too! Great place hey.

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Nyumix

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while but I’ve been pretty busy recently. Hope you are well.