Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Dolly daydream visits the sea-side

It’s official. It’s official because it has been confirmed by Psychic Sarah, who lives on the pier in the Essex sea-side town of Frinton. She has confirmed by using her psychic powers and by reading my aura, that I am a daydreamer.
I visited Frinton, with friend, at the weekend. With our walking boots on we explored the coast line and admired the view, the sea breeze gently caressing our skin.
“I love those beach huts!” said I, immediately picturing myself owning one and wearing over-sized sun glasses and a pretty floral dress, perched on the decking and gazing out at the waves crashing onto the delicate sand. With book in hand and flip flops on my feet, I would make my way down the steps and onto the beach, breathing in the salty sea air and tilting my head towards the sky so my pale skin could feel the benefit of the suns rays, radiating warmth and happiness onto my face.
Or perhaps I could visit the beach hut with friends. Red and green checked picnic blanket in one hand and white wicker picnic basket in the other, I would run with friends, giggling, onto the beach, flopping down into the sand, ready to eat and drink and soak up the sunshine and the laughter.
So it was no surprise when I stopped at the pier on Sunday, with friend, and by reading my aura Psychic Sarah informed me that I am usually disconnected from the outside world and spend much of my time daydreaming. My friend sniggered when I read my reading. “Yep, that’s me,” said I. “Dolly daydream. Come on, let’s buy a bag of chips on the sea front so I can daydream some more.”

Pictures of the day:

Scenes from Frinton.












20 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

Ohhhh...such a bliss to see these pics! Makes me feel so sereneeeee...

Blur Ting said...

Oh preetty preeetty places!! I want to sit there with a bag of chips too!

Krystle said...

Wow great pics :) what a lovely way to spend the day :)

Nick Phillips said...

Psychic Sarah informed me that I am usually disconnected from the outside world and spend much of my time daydreaming ... gee, that sounds exactly like me ... LOL!

And those pictures make me wanna bum off work and go for a holiday or something :D

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

It’s a little drive from my home town and the first time I have ventured there. But I shall definitely be returning!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur.

Chips on the sea-front! It's the only way to eat them!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Krystle

It was a perfect way to spend the day. Very relaxing and picturesque.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

So you’re a Dolly Daydreamer too? You’re aura must be white like mine!

Did you mention the word holiday? Yes please! I could do with taking the day off for a holiday.

Dav DiDi said...

So peaceful .. so harmony ... I wish I'm

8vertise said...

Nice scenery you have here ...

jyankee said...

I love those pics.... I am a daydreamer too! Join the club!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Dav Didi

How are you?

It was a very peaceful place. It would probably be a different story in the summer, but still pretty.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Jyankee

So you're a member of the daydreamers club too?! It's a great way to spend the day!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks 8vertise!

Welcome to Flying Pink Elephants.

Dav DiDi said...

Hi .. I have tag for u !

Bitter Chocolate said...

I'm just like that, I spend more time in my imaginary worlds than in the real one :) Beautiful pictures, seems like a stunning place!

suchthings.ca said...

What a beautiful place. Those buildings are very unique!
Mary:)

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Dav Didi!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Bitter Chocolate

Sometimes an imaginary world is the best kind of world!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Mary

It was a stunning place to visit.