Thursday, 9 October 2008

Farewell, take care and see you soon

I’m a huge fan of lists. I’m the kind of person who will write a list to remind myself what lists I have to write.
Shopping list, things to do list, finances for the month list, the list of lists is endless!
As from tomorrow, I’m on annual leave until the 21st October, so you can imagine the amount of lists I've been writing.
I entered the office this morning with my cinnamon bagel and humming a little tune to myself - the last day in the office before a well needed holiday, yippee! I knew the first thing I would do, other than eating my bagel and drinking my coffee and checking my emails, so actually it would be the fourth thing I would do, was write a list.
I immediately stopped humming when I realised how much I still had to do. I booked my annual leave way back when the sun was shining and the schedule for October was empty. I thought I was booking the ideal week away from office worries and magazine press dates. But I should of realised, what is a schedule for if you can’t change it. It’s changed vastly and I have spent the last few days convincing advertisers that it would be beneficial to them if they sent their advertisements / advertorials / loose inserts / paper work /etc nice and early. Unfortunately not everyone is convinced that this is a wise idea. I’m doing my best. Needless to say I have my work cut out today and I’ve had many lists to compile.
Other than office commitments and duties, I have to write a list of what to pack and what do at home tonight, before I close the front door and head to a picturesque cottage on the borders of Dorset and Somerset.
My tonight list looks something like this:

1. Pack. That's a different list all together. I must remember:
My camera and camera charger.
My mobile and mobile charger.
My lap top. No Internet connection (sob) in the cottage but I'm still hoping to write stuff.
My digital photography book, amateur photography magazine and a new fiction book. I'm hoping to find time to read all three.
Toiletries and make up. This includes contact lenses so I can see.
Glasses. So I can see if I wish to allow my eyes a contact lenses break.
Clothes. That's another list as well, but I won't bore you with my wardrobe contents.
Umbrella.
2. Post a birthday card already made and waiting inside my special box. Make another birthday card and post.
3. Put the finishing touches to the scrap book photo album. See below.
4. Text a few people with reminders that I'm away and when I'll be back.
5. Bath and face pack and try to have an early night.

Ohhh I'm getting excited now. I hope I can leave the office at a sensible time and leave my desk in an organised and calm state.

Take care bloggers. I'll miss reading about your adventures and replying to your comments. Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it, hopefully with some adventures of my own.

I'm off to write another list.

Pictures of the day:

Number 3 on my list


14 comments:

Eryl Shields said...

I so, totally, envy you. Have a marvellous time and take down all the details so you can make me feel like I've had a holiday just reading it. My sanity depends on it!

jyankee said...

Have a good break! You deserve it. Look forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back!

Nick Phillips said...

I hate making lists cos I never can keep up with it ... hehehe ... Have a great time and take loads of pictures :D

Blur Ting said...

Oh, you're going on a holiday! I'll miss you. I know you'll have a great time in the cottage.

Please put "Read Blur Ting's Blog" on you 'things to do when you're back' list :-)

Krystle said...

I keep writing lists all the time - exactly like you :) Everyday I have new lists - for anything imaginable :)

Enjoy your holidays! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures and to seeing loads of lovely pics (as always!) :)

Take Care :) Happy holidays

Bitter Chocolate said...

Haha, I always write lists too but I'm very unorganised so I tend to lose them lol

Have a fabulous time on your holiday!

suchthings.ca said...

Oh yes. I am an infamous list-maker myself too!
Mary:)

La Delirante said...

Wow!! That's life :) Enjoy your holiday!!! :) and see you soon :)

Dav DiDi said...

Have fun!!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

Hope the trip went well!!! Love your scraphbook pages!

Blur Ting said...

I know you must be having the time of your life but are you coming back soon? We miss you!

Leigh Russell said...

I'm a compulsive list writer too. I always include mundane tasks I know I'll do anyway (like the washing) - it's so satisfying ticking things off.

Hope you're having a great time. Check out my blog when you return. Exciting degelopments!

Leigh Russell said...

degelopments... woops! Good word, though, like demololish I read recently. (Not one of my typos, sadly. I think it's a great word.)

The World According To Me said...

Hello folks!

I'm back and I'm being lazy and sending a joint message! Thank you for your holiday wishes, reading them has put a smile on my face.
I've missed reading your blogs and I'm trying to catch up. I'm also working my way through the mountains of pictures I took, so I can place the best ones on FPE.

A new post is coming soon. With lots of pictures.