Thursday, 7 August 2008

I've found it!

I've found it! It may have taken me a little while, but with a touch of patience and spot of perseverance, I am relived to inform you, I am in possession of it once again.
If you're thinking, "What the heck is she waffling on about now?" allow me to enlighten you. I have been reunited with my enthusiasm. Since returning to the office, after my annual leave, I have hunted high and low for it.
As suggested by a fellow blogger, I looked inside the stationery cupboard, just on the off chance I'd absent-mindledly placed it amongst the staples and A4 paper. Nope, I thought, shaking my head, no sign of it here.
I opened the cupboards in the kitchen, thinking it could be with the coffee mugs and soup bowls. I thought for one split second it was next to my favourite Eeyore (the donkey from Winnie the pooh) pink and grey mug. But it must have been a mirage. My enthusiasm was not in the kitchen cupboards.
I opened folders and drawers, and even searched under "e" in my filing system. I still couldn't put my hands on it.
My desk top was carefully scanned, and I rummaged through my CD archives. Alas I couldn't find anything which remotely resembled my enthusiasm. Just pdfs and other work related documents.
I even went to Salisbury's, in case it was lodged between the cinnamon bagels and the jam doughnuts. Nope, not here either. Inside the celebrity magazines perhaps? Stuck between a centre spread of a shoe advertisement? But no, it was not hiding inside a magazine.
I was tempted to ask the man at the ticket kiosk at the train station, or the man selling The Evening Standard at the newspaper stand, but one look at their faces told me they were having exactly the same problem. I suspected theirs had long gone, and I feared they wouldn't recognise it, even if it ran towards them and slapped the back of their heads. (Not a hard slap, but one to wake and shake them slightly).
So do you know what happened next? I stopped my search and gradually, bit by bit, it came back to me. Gently and politely my enthusiasm returned. One day I turned around and realised it was here. Hello enthusiasm. Oh my, it's good to have you back!

Picture of the day:

Have you seen her enthusiasm?

10 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Glad to hear you've found your enthusiasm back my friend :D I suppose it was always there to begin with and when you were ready it just came back :D

Amel's Realm said...

ARRRGGHHH I LOVE CATS!!! HE HE HE...

And I'm SO glad you've found it back!!! I'm SO excited about tomorrow. Not only 'coz it's Friday, but we're going to spend a night at the cabin again. My MIL's and FIL's cabin. That means QUALITY TIME: no computer, no TV HO HO HO HO HO HO...YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!

Any special plans this weekend? Keep "IT" up, Girl! ;-D

shello said...

isn't that always the case? as they say stop searching and you'll find it. i am so happy for you! :D

Blur Ting said...

Thank goodness! Maybe you lost it for a while because you were worried about your medical condition. After the doctor's visit yesterday, all the tension just melted away and you're back to your normal happy self again!

Happy weekend World!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

Yep, I'm pleased to report that my enthusiasm and I are together again!
Hope you have a great weekend. But stay away from the garden shears!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

Cute cat, wouldn't you agree?

Sounds like you'll have a very enthusiastic weekend! Sounds lovely. Enjoy!
Not sure what I'm up to yet, have a slight cash flow problem but looking forward to a couple of days off.

Bye for now!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Shello

I know what you mean, I'm forever misplacing things but when I stop looking for them I usually come across them.

Happy weekend.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

I like your theory! I think that could definitely have planned a vital part in loosing my enthusiasm.

Hope you have a great weekend. No bombs please!

Eryl Shields said...

Glad it's returned. I still have mine but it's a bit tatty, like an old party dress that's been worn far too often it's beginning to disintegrate, and is rather stained. So now I can't seem to tempt it out from the back of the wardrobe.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Eryl

Oh I know all about stained and tatty party dresses!