Sunday, 24 August 2008

In the woods

So there I was, at ten am on a Sunday morning, with my camera and umbrella, waiting in the woods. I waited and I waited, luckily a friend waited with me, and then it became obvious that nobody else was coming.
Was I waiting in the right woods? Yep, this was definitely the correct woodland. The right time? Yes, I arrived ten minutes before the scheduled time. It must have been the rain which had kept everyone away. Well, the rest of the photography club may have stayed inside in their dry houses but I was at the woods and not going to miss a photo opportunity.
Off we walked, my friend and I, avoiding the puddles, our cardigans and jackets pulled closer for comfort. Who wants to be inside in the warm and dry, when there are woods to explore.

This way!


We bumped into the boating club by the river and stopped to chat. They were racing their boats in memory of a club member who had sadly passed away.


The ducks were watching the boats too, and hoping we had food.




Wild mushrooms.


Wild berries.


For the weary traveller.

10 comments:

Krystle said...

Hello :) how r u? I hope you had a good weekend! Great pics as always :) Take care

Blur Ting said...

Oh, nobody else turned up? Hmmm, what a shame. But I'm glad your friend did and you took great photos! That mushroom looks interesting. I've not seen that shape before...

Nick Phillips said...

Gee, even your woods look better than our do. Great pictures, I enjoyed every single one with envy :D

jyankee said...

Hey it doesn't look so rainy. And at least you had the woods to yourselves!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Krystle

I'm fine thanks. How are things with you? I had a great weekend ta, and I'm just about to post another extract from it...

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

Nope, nobody else turned up! The rain was on and off and maybe it stopped some members from venturing out, and the others got caught up in their bank holiday plans?

I've never seen a mushroom quite like that either.

I hope you had a good weekend.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

How was your weekend?
Glad you liked the pics. It was rather dark and wet in the woods and not ideal photography conditions but I done my best!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Jyankee

How was your weekend?
Yep the woods were pratically empty, so at least we had mother nature to ourselves.

Eryl Shields said...

I do rather like the idea of a boat race in my honour, I've always wanted a boat.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Eryl

How are things?

It's a good idea, I agree. And the boating club were only too pleased to chat to us about their boats and adventures.