Monday, 18 August 2008

Fifi And The Flower Tots

Seeing the world through a child's eye can be a magical, exciting experience. How new and fascinating everything can seem. And what a pity we have to grow up hey!
The theatre was my destination at the weekend, and Fifi And The Flower Tots was the name of the show I watched with my cousin and her kids. Smarties, Maltesers, Wine Gums, Chocolate Buttons, etc, etc, filled our laps, the sugar fuelling the atmosphere. And when the lights were dimmed, the music began to play, and a smiling Forget-Me-Not waved at the audience through a watering can, hundreds of children went crazy. Especially my cousins kids. Bouncing up and down in their chairs, waving furiously at the flower and screaming,"IT'S FIFI!"
Never has an adult dressed in dungarees and pink Wellington boots, with a flower for a face, caused such a reaction. I must admit, I was mesmerised by my cousins kids faces, they looked as if they were about to explode with happiness.
Fifi's friends joined the stage, Bumble the bumble bee, Slugsy the slug, Primrose the primrose, Violet the violet and Clarey the fairy, who had lost her magic wand. For the next couple of hours, with a few toilet breaks and a few telling offs for kicking the chairs in front in excitement (the kids were told off by the way, not me, I was well-behaved and sitting still), songs were sang, words were shouted and we all watched Fifi and her friends having a big adventure on the stage.
Yep, I clapped my hands and sang along to,"Sticky flower petals," and I couldn't help commenting to my cousin that it was sticky flower petals this week, and it will be George Michael lyrics next week. Only 6 days to go folks, but that will be another post!
I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon with the kids and Fifi And The Flower Tots, although I must admit to suffering from a noise inflicted headache once the show had ended. It was very, very loud in there. Well, the noise was probably to blame for the headache, but then again it could have been due to the mountains of sugar that I shovelled down my throat...

Pictures of the day:

Photography was not permitted inside the theatre, but here's a couple taken from the outside.


11 comments:

La delirante said...

It looks like you and your cousins had a lot of fun :) It is great when our inner child comes out to enjoy himself :)

Bitter Chocolate said...

As far as I'm concerned, I'm never gonna grow up :)

jyankee said...

yep...it is fun once in awhile to go to those shows! the kids sure enjoy it anyways!

Blur Ting said...

heh heh, I can imagine all these excited little kids. Looking at their charmed faces is entertaining enough I'm sure.

Nick Phillips said...

I with bitter chocolate on this one. I'm never gonna grow up! LOL!

I love being a kid cos you tend to see things from a much more positive angle ...

The World According To Me said...

Hello La Delirante

I love my inner child coming out to play!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Bitter Chocolate

Good point, life is far more fun when you're not acting like a grown up!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

I'd never even heard of Fifi before the show! I'm not very well educated on the latest kiddies things, but I'm already planning on buying them Fifi stuff for Christmas!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

I've never seen anything like it! It was a joy to watch their faces.
One little girl behind us even started crying when it was time to go home. Poor love. But her mother cheered her up by telling her they could watch Fifi on telly when they got back!

The World According To Me said...

Nick, I'll third that!

Who says we have to grow up anyway?!

The World According To Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.