Monday, 7 July 2008

The scarecrow parade

The vicar, the bride and groom, a boy scout and Elvis Presley were just a few of the attendees at the scarecrow parade. This was held in a neighbouring village at the weekend. And don't worry, Elvis was not in spirit form singing such hits as 'I'm all shook up' (that would have been scary) he was merely a well dressed, silent, scarecrow.
You may have noticed the odd scarecrow appearing on FPE recently, and they were all in preparation for yesterdays grand parade. Unfortunately I didn't stick around to see who the winner was, as my flip flops and flimsy summer dress proved to be inappropriate clothing for the wind and rain. The sky was clear and a delicate shade of blue when I left my house. Oh how changeable the good old British weather can be.
After viewing the straw-filled bodies, I admired the vintage cars, the live band, and the craft stalls. Then I stood in a tent with my friend, to protect ourselves from the wind and rain, and I allowed a woman to read my palm.
I've always fancied delving into palmistry, to see what someone would make of all the lines on my hands. I'm sure I have more lines than the average person, and their meanings have intrigued me. A friend once commented that my palms look like I've lived a hundred years! Nah, I just feel like I've lived a hundred years.
So apparently, according to the lines on my hand, yesterday I was told I'm a deep thinker and I'm level headed, therefore I do not let my heart rule my head and vice versa. I love many people in my life and I am a loyal and a faithful friend. According to the shape of my fingers and thumb, I am artistic and have a generous spirit. I was also informed my life will become more interesting as I grow older (bring on the interesting life!) and I should think about myself more and what I want out of life.
Well, I know what I want out of life, it's getting it that's the tricky part. I'm working on it. Although yesterday I would have been satisfied with warm clothing and an umbrella. (I've busted another umbrella and need to make another purchase). A brolly and a coat - that's all I wanted out of life at that particular moment in time.

How was your weekend, dear readers? I hope you had better luck with the weather? But I bet you didn't see a scarecrow dressed as Elvis Presley. Or did you?

Pictures of the day:

The band. No chance of them getting wet.


Vintage cars.



He should of used anti-wrinkle cream. And seen a dentist.


No wonder he's smiling, he remembered his umbrella.

12 comments:

jyankee said...

Elvis has LEFT the building.... LOL

Blur Ting said...

I may know know you in person but somehow I believe what the palm reader says about you.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Elvis has left the building and the scarecrow parade!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

I suppose my lines could have said worse things about me! But yeah I'd like to think there's some element of truth in it.

Krystle said...

That's really interesting! Pity the weather wasn't so good..but it's an interesting way to spend some time of the weekend..I've never seen scarecrows dressed up like that! My dad would have loved to see the vintage cars! :)

The World According To Me said...

Hi Krystle

How's it going?

Some of the details on the scarecrows were amazing. I can't say I've seen scarecrows quite like that before!
And the vintage cars were beauties.
Shame about the weather though. It's the bane of my life! I expect the sun is shining in your corner of the world?

Krystle said...

Yeah we've got a heatwave here at the moment! I wish I was in the UK, just so as not to be in so much heat! It's always greener on the other side, as they say :) lol

Kate said...

Of course, people say that the real art in palm reading is in reading their faces...

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

True, I expect body language and peoples reactions plays a very large part in it...

Amel's Realm said...

Interesting palm reading! I'd love to have mine read, too. Just for fun he he he...

But you don't look a day older over 27 years old! ;-D

Anyway, LOVE the pics! ;-D

The World According To Me said...

Hello Amel

How's tricks?

Yeah, I guess you can't take these things too seriously...

Glad you like the pics.

Thanks for the compliment! (You should see me in the mornings though, he, he!)

Amel's Realm said...

He he he he...I'll take your challenge. Hope I get to see you in the mornings and PROVE that I'm RIGHT HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...