Wednesday, 16 July 2008

The path of true love

I've been thinking again. "Oh no," I hear you cry. "Don't do that, weird things happen when you think." Well, try not to be too alarmed, but I have been pondering over the path of true love.
I became a little philosophical the other day, while commenting on a fellow bloggers blog, and I found myself referring to love as a road full of twists and turns, no entry signs and black holes. On a good day this road can be smooth and calm, with wonderful scenery ahead. Would you agree with me dear readers?
Have you ever felt as if you were on a bumpy road, with signs saying 'broken heart, 2 miles' or 'communication problems - this way!'?
Perhaps you've been travelling way too fast on this road, and you know you should slow down, before things escalate out of control and someone gets seriously hurt. That someone probably being yourself. "I know I should slow down," you may think, "but I'm living on the edge and enjoying myself far too much." Bang! Crash! Wallop! That's you falling down a dirty, great big ditch. If only you'd seen it coming, if only you'd read the signs. Now you're going to have to fathom out how to remove yourself from this nasty, lonely hole, and get things back on track.
But, it's not all pit holes and problems. Sometimes things are quite nice. Sometimes the road is a pleasure to travel on. You may be going along cautiously, admiring the view and thinking, "This is what I've been waiting for. This is what it's all about!"
Oh I've had my fair share of driving too fast, ignoring the signs and hoping the road will stop at 'Worthwhile City' or 'Happiness Valley'. Unfortunately I seem to have a knack of finding 'Is this it? Town' and 'Not what you were looking for Road'.
Still, ever the optimistic romantic I am, I know the road will one day stop at a breath taking, beautiful situation.
In the mean time, maybe I should learn to read a map first?!

Picture of the day:

Roses are red.

14 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Hey World, my advise to you is don't need to read the map too hard. After your bad experience(s), you would more or less have a gut feel of which guys are right or wrong for you.

Just be yourself and your knight will come along soon. If it is of any help, get your good friends to meet him and they'll be able to tell if he's the right fit. It is usually easier for people outside the relationship to tell.

Good luck!

jyankee said...

yep...dont need to read the map...that's what GPS systems are for! LOL.... Let things flow naturally.. easier said than done, but better than forcing something that isn't meant to be. Beautiful red flower by the way...

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

Thanks for your advice. I know you've had your fair share as well.
Yeah that old gut feeling. Thing is with me, I always seem to pick someone who has problems and I think I can help them and I hang on for better times ahead. Most of the time there are no better times ahead!
Good point with letting your friends meet your prospective knight, I know they'd give me their honest, caring opinion. And sometimes love is blind!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Yeah maybe I should get satellite navigator installed! Then someone could tell me what to do and where to go!
But you're right, some things can't be forced.

Glad you like the red flower.

Dav DiDi said...

Hi ..

I've been to bad relationship as well as good relationship ..

I guess true love is when you found someone and he makes you happy. He knows what pleases you and what annoys you. And if he keeps annoying you without thinking of the consequences, it's just a sign that that's isn't what we need.

Follow your heart and let God show the way. Don't give up on love as God's love will guide you through the path ....

Dav DiDi said...

Just read one of your comments here about picking the wrong guy. I once picked the wrong guy and thought that I could change him and help him. But it just turns out that things get worst and he was like sucking me financially and emotionally. Been not myself for 3 yrs.

Well, what I learn is that when things goes wrong when you are in a relationship, just call it off. God has His way of telling us if that guy isn't good enough for us. We just need to listen to Him and all things will sort out in His hand.

In other way, try it out and if you feel great with it, continue, else call it off. My advice .. Picked the one that can cheer you instead of makes you drop you tears. And choose the one that loves you more than you loves him or equally love shared among both.

Nick Phillips said...

You know, I think I'm one of those people blessed with a built in GPS system cos I can find my way just about anywhere without a map. All I need is the address ... LOL!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Dav Didi

Thanks for your comments.
I’ve hoped people would change too, but the truth is people don’t change, unless THEY really want to and want to for a very good reason! You can’t help someone who doesn’t want to help them self.
Sorry to hear you had a tough time. It can be hard, finding the right person, working at relationships. Although the rewards in love are immense, the down side can completely over whelm and very nearly destroy you.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

I am totally the opposite of you! I can get lost nearly everywhere!
I need an address, map, sat nav, and someone to help me find my destination!

Amel's Realm said...

Well, whatever happens now, I hope that you'll find true love, but I don't think the path to true love is supposed to be smooth and all beautiful, but even so, if you know with all your heart and body and soul that the person's the right one, you'll know even if it's not all sunshine and rain. I wish you LUCK in finding that person! :-)))) Because you'll never know where you're going to find him he he he...

Amel's Realm said...

Just read your reply to Blur's...OH NOOOOO...don't pick people to help them! If they don't wanna be helped, then even God can't help them!

And oh yeah, LOVE the flower pic, too HE HE HE...

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

Nice trip?

You're right, I don't think the path is meant to be smooth. I guess sometimes we are tested and life is full of ups and downs and twists and turns.
But I must stop picking people who need fixing!

shello said...

hey..where can i get one of those maps? :D

The World According To Me said...

Hello Shello

How you doing?

I'll let you know when I find one!