Wednesday, 2 July 2008

Naked dinner date

I thought that might grab your attention! Before I continue, let me stress that my friends and I were fully clothed during our dinner date. Which is more than could be said for the residents living in the opposite flats.
There we were, dressed in our summer tops and frocks, sitting in the courtyard and choosing our meals. My choice was the goats cheese salad, and I was pretty chuffed that I’d not been swayed with other fattening ingredients and I’d stuck to my original choice of salad. I can’t tell you how many times I dine out and tell myself I’ll order the chicken / tuna salad, and then I opt for the main course which contains the highest calorie content ever. Granted, goats cheese isn’t the lowest fat salad, but it’s extremely tasty, and healthier than cheese burger and chips.
Anyway, we were all having a nice time, discussing the weather, summer outfits and the meaning of life. Okay, we weren’t really discussing the meaning of life, but it sounds cleverer if I say that. The conversation was light, like our moods. And then my friend pointed in horror at a window overlooking the restaurant.
Naked man alert! We gasped. Our mouths were open in astonishment. We were unable to speak. What was a man doing naked and looking out of his window? I suppose he could have been undressing for bed and pulling the curtains shut? (Even if it was a little early for bed time.) Yes, that must be the reason. He moved away from the window and we all sighed in relief and continued eating.
Then it happened again. This time it was a different window and a different man. Oh no, here we go again. Exactly what kind of flats were they? Was every single person unable to afford clothes, or preferring the natural look? Suspiciously we eyed the other customers sitting outside the restaurant. Was this the usual Tuesday night entertainment for the courtyard? Maybe this was why alfresco dining was so popular.
“There’s another one!” my friend exclaimed. A third unclothed man and a third window! Right, that was it. Our evening was to be continued inside. Spots of rain had also started to appear on the table, confirming our new seating arrangements.
We picked up our glasses (we'd finished eating) and darted through the doors, where we sat on the armchairs, trying to digest what we’d just seen.
“Maybe it’s the weather?” I suggested. It had been the hottest day of the year so far, so removing ones top is one way to cool down. “They probably had trousers on?” I said hopefully. Let’s hope they had trousers on.
“Shall we come back next Tuesday?” was my friends eager reply.

Picture of the day:

Summer flowers.

12 comments:

Kate said...

Hmmm... Next time, maybe you could signal for them to turn around? Then you'd be able to check out the...rear aspect? It's a good thing I wasn't there. I would have wolf-whistled

Blur Ting said...

Makes me wonder why so many naked men in the apartment... I hope they have good bods. :-)

Dav DiDi said...

Well, I guess that is guy's nature ...

It happen that there is one time I'm sitting outside the balcony of my friend's house. Her boyfriend came back, went to the room which, the window is actually facing us.

Suddenly, we saw him dancing naked in the room, with the window curtain open.. Geezzzz , I wonder if he realize that 3 ladies is looking at him ...

Nick Phillips said...

LOL! At least there was some form of entertainment during your dinner date. But what the heck were so many naked men doing there?

jyankee said...

well..you can'T say you weren't fully entertained! Ha ha ha....

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

Rear view may have been a good view!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

I couldn't help wondering that too....

The World According To Me said...

Hi Dav Didi

Naked dancing hey?!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

It certainly kept us entertained!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

You're right. It wasn't your average dinner date!

spangelystar said...

Text me where you were - got to be worth another shot - see if it's a regular occurrence - If you can get your phone to behave itself xxx

The World According To Me said...

Hi Spangleystar

Nice to hear from you. I'll let you know where it was!

Have a super duper break!

xxx