Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Arts and crafts and cake

Brace yourself for more piccies folks! I'm on annual leave and the world is my oyster! Well, parts of the world I can afford to visit are my oyster. For example, an arts and crafts village that I visited today. This is a short drive from my house and I often see signs advertising the village but I've never taken the time to look around. Until today. Today that all changed...

The arts and crafts village.


Pottery lessons.


Art classes.


Photography galleries.


Sweet shops.




More shops this way. Hang on a minute, isn't that James Dean?


Time for coffee and cake.


I bought more card making material at the village. Can you guess what I'm doing tonight?

14 comments:

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

What a great little place! And I' haven't been by in awhile---like your new blog look. Enjoy your leave!

Nick Phillips said...

Oooo, I like the James Dean. You know something. You always have such nice pictures to show us that I'm always envious of the place you live in :D

Blur Ting said...

Oh what a lovely way to spend your leave. I'm so filled with jealousy!!

Dav DiDi said...

The cakes makes me hungry .....

Kate said...

I love the cool classroom spaces.

suchthings.ca said...

That place looks amazing! The well is so cute and the kids' crafts too!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Katherine

How are you? Must pop over and see you.
I'm thoroughly enjoying my leave thanks!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

I was quite surprised to see James Dean there!
I think I've got a nose for sniffing these kind of places out!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

How's it going in your world?
It was a lovely way to spend the day thanks.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

Yeah I wouldn't mind having some lessons in the village.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Dav Didi

The cake was a welcome break! Tasted great too!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Suchthings

Thanks for popping by and leaving a message.
I made a wish in the well. You never know, someone might be listening!

Amel's Realm said...

What a lovely place! ;-D I LOVE that photography shot! WOWIEEEE! Wish I could make a photo like that he he...

And you're SO CRUEEEELLLL!! How can you keep on showing cakes? HE HE HE HE HE...

But anyhow, I think tomorrow I'll try baking yoghurt cake with some berries (dunno yet what berries I'm gonna use). If it turns out good, I'll put the pic in my blog to make you DROOL HE HE HE HE HE HE...

Anyway, have a FAB weekend soon!!! HAVE FUN making cards!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

I wish I could make photographs look like that too!
I love the sound of your cake. Pictures please!

Have a great weekend.