Wednesday, 11 June 2008

A not so ordinary Wednesday

I thought today was going to be another ordinary Wednesday. Oh how wrong I was.
I dragged my body out of bed this morning, dragged it into the bathroom to wash, and forced breakfast into my mouth (I don’t have much of an appetite in the mornings but I have to eat something to prepare myself for the over-crowded trains). I then trudged to the train station, my head already spinning with thoughts of office tasks that need completing in my bosses absence. During my train journeys, I attempted to read my new book, 'It could happen to you', to empty my mind of office tasks, but I had a little doze instead.
I entered the office at 9am, fantasising about a mug of coffee whilst checking my emails. It was at this point that I noticed the two urgent texts on my mobile from my cousin Paul, and the voice mail from my cousin Sarah. I then logged on to my computer and an email flashed in my in-box from my cousin Paul, and the telephone rang on my desk, it was my cousin Sarah.
This could only mean one thing. One very important thing. George Michael has announced two new concert dates, in London, August bank holiday weekend!
I thanked the Lord that I had not booked my dream holiday in August, so therefore I am available on both of the nights he’s performing at Earls Court. Oh the unexpected delight! The incredible excitement! Our tickets have been ordered (the George appreciation is a family trait) and according to the seating plan we will have a very satisfactory view of the stage. Only 77 days to go.
Don’t you love it when that happens? There you are, half asleep, when out of the blue - BOOM! All it takes are a few choices words and you're walking on air with a stupid grin on your face, thinking what a wonderful world this is.
I’m easily pleased, aren’t I.

Picture of the day:

Can you play 'Faith' by George Michael?

16 comments:

shello said...

that is awesome! 77 days - not long at all.

Kate said...

LOL! I thought a death in the family at the very least!

JYankee said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! "oh ya gotta have faith....." i demand pics! even if they are snuck in....

Blur Ting said...

WOW, you're in luck! What great cousins you have!

Nick Phillips said...

LMAO! I seriously thought it was leading into something more serious of nature.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Shello

How are you? 75 days to go now! But hey, who's counting?!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

No deaths thankfully, just George Michael tickets!

Happy Friday!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Jyankee

I have faith! Don't worry, you can count on me for supplying pictures!

Hope you have a fab weekend.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

I have the best cousins in the world. And they're George fans!

Happy weekend!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

You mean a George Michael concert is not serious?! Ha. Ha.

Enjoy your weekend!

Amel's Realm said...

Being easily pleased is a good trait, too! ;-D HURRAAAAHHHHH for being able to watch the concert!!!!!

I'll be going to the bar tonight he he he...

Kate said...

Hey, I"ve tagged you for a me-me. Come over to my place nad see the instructions!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

Being easily pleased is a great trait! I can’t wait for the concert!

Nice evening at the bar?

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

Cheers for the tag! I’ve been over to your place and I have my answers!

Rebecca said...

OH, happy day!! But I think that all the text, voice and email would have had me freaked out, sort of along the lines of Kate's comment! Glad it was such wonderful news! and new you are down to what, 72 days?

The World According To Me said...

Happy days indeed, Rebecca!

Luckily it was good news and nothing too disturbing!

See ya soon. Hope you are well.