Monday, 16 June 2008

Gimme five!

Gimme five! I've been tagged by my friend: http://katediggins.blogspot.com/
and it's all associated with the number five.

The rules:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

I'd just returned from the stunning island of Mauritius, where my friend held her wedding ceremony on one of the beautiful beaches. Unfortunately she is in the middle of a divorce now.
I was also planning my forthcoming wedding, as my boyfriend proposed to me in Mauritius. I’m afraid that didn’t last either. But I’d rather not dwell on it.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?


1. Book an eye test and find out what cost reduction I’m entitled to through my company.
2. Update the advertisers database, so when my not-so-new boss returns tomorrow, I can say that all records are accurate and up to date.
3. Speak to the printers in Amsterdam to check everything is okay with the newspapers they are printing for us. And hope they speak fluent English.
4. E-mail my friends to see how their weekends were.
5. Find my sunglasses.


What five snacks do you enjoy?

1. Cheese and crackers.
2. Cheese on toast.
3. Doritos with cheese sauce. (Do you notice a cheese theme?)
4. Chocolate mini eggs.
5. Carrots and celery with low fat hummus. (I can do healthy snacks too!)

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. Buy property. A farmhouse in rural Essex / Suffolk with acres of land to grow my own food and hold garden parties and barbecues. I would also like a cottage in the Cotswolds and a villa in the South of France.
2. Travel the world, taking photographs and writing about my adventures. I would set up my own publishing company to produce books containing these travel tales and photographs.
3. Ensure my money helped others in less fortunate circumstances than myself. For example, helping the homeless and men and women who wanted to further their education and training but were not in a position to do so. It would be a charity to restore faith in those who had suffered financial and emotional set backs in their lives, and create a brighter, happier future for them.
4. Build a rescue home for suffering animals, with highly skilled staff to heal and nurture them.
5. Eat out constantly at expensive and exclusive celebrity hangouts, until I bumped into George Michael and built a lasting and solid relationship with him. Okay I may be the wrong sex, but I’d be the best friend he’d ever had!
I could then take singing lessons and sing on his tours and albums. Or I could be his official photographer. Just a couple of ideas I’ve had George!
Phew, I'd be busy if I was a billionaire.

What are five of your bad habits?


1. Getting out of bed at the last possible moment. I don’t know what happens to me in the mornings, it often feels like I need a crane to physically remove me from my bed.
2. Comfort eating and then feeling desperately guilty about the calories I’ve consumed and my lack of self-discipline.
3. My absent mindedness. “Mum, have you seen my keys / book / sunglasses?” Delete where appropriate.
4. Drinking too fast. Sometimes I need to slow down and stop living my life at a hundred miles an hour.
5. Not opening my post until pay day. Frequently I can't cope with looking at bank statements, visa card bills, etc, until I know it's pay day and I can resolve them for a month.

What are five places you have lived?

Right, this is where it gets dull. I have only lived in three different buildings, and two of them were in the same town.
1. My first family home in Essex with my first childhood memory - refusing to go to bed, running around the vegetable patch and being stung by a wasp on my big toe.
2. My second family home in Essex. This was literally around the corner to my first family home.
3. A flat in the next town with my boyfriend-at-the time and his friends. His friends were constantly moving in and staying over. Sometimes I would walk around the flat, peering into rooms, so I could see who was living with us.
4. I’m now back in my second family home.
5. See billionaire question for future home ideas. How optimistic I am!

What are five jobs you've had?


Again, my answers are a little dull as I’ve only ever worked in publishing. But each company has produced different publications, and comes with it’s own story to tell.
1. Hobby magazines. Whilst working for this company, I once left the office at 2am, due to launching a new magazine.
2. Travel guides. Here I was able to travel to Earls Court in London, to work on our exhibition stand at The World Travel Show. Alas, I was struck down with food poisoning (I was very ill) on the first night of the show. Unfortunately I didn’t travel as far as Alaska or Zimbabwe, which were two of the places the travel guides featured on, but I lived in hope, until they made me redundant.
3. Top shelf magazines. Hated this job after the first day and would feel physically sick as I entered the offices each morning. I was completely misled in the interview. I thought I would be working on the top beauty and fashion magazines, and may have to help out on the top shelf titles when short staffed. How wrong that was! Left as soon as I could.
4. Computer magazines. Great job but press day was on a Friday which wasn’t ideal. I was always the last person in the office, waiting for film from the reprographics house to send to the printers. Received a generous bonus from this company and a generous redundancy pay out. Blew all the money on clothes and holidays - I was young and foolish then. Now I'm old and foolish!
5. My present job where I have travelled to Cannes, Barcelona and Singapore to attend technology conferences. And I’ve moved desks nine times. And they haven't made me redundant yet!


Five people I tag:

http://blurting.blogspot.com/
http://jyankee.wordpress.com/
http://hle-patienceofasaint.blogspot.com/
http://ladelirante.blogspot.com/
http://nickphil67.blogspot.com/

Plus anyone who reads this and would like to complete the answers.

Picture of the day:

Iced ginger.

17 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

This is SO interestinnnggggg!!!! ;-D Nice to get to know you better.

I've only got two jobs in my entire life and I've only lived in three different places, so I guess I'm "more boring" in those departments he he he...

Rebecca said...

what a fun post! Not boring at all, stable! :)

JYankee said...

Hmmm.. I saw three themes in your meme....cheese....drinking....George.... ha ha ha... the backup singer idea would work... or dance????? Cool...another meme for when I hit post block....! Thanks.... I will have to do this and I am running out of ideas for my next post!

Blur Ting said...

Loved your answers especially the millionaire ones :-)
Just when I was thinking, Hey I can do this tag, and then I saw that you've tagged me! Yay!

Nick Phillips said...

LOL! I hate opening my bills too and tend to keep them as long as possible before working the courage to see how much I owe the world!

Thanks for tagging me. I like this tag and it will be out soon :D

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

I don't think you could ever be boring!

Be over to you soon.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Rebecca

I like that - stable. Sounds far better than dull and boring!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Arr, cheese, drinking and George. Definitely three of my themes!

Good idea with the dancing! I'll suggest it to him when I finally meet him!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

I look forward to reading your answers!

The World According To Me said...

Nick

Snap! I put off opening letters too!

I look forward to your answers too.

JYankee said...

Hey World...

I's up......

helenback said...

Wow, proud to say that the only things that i didnt know about you were where you used to live, that's good. Thanks for tagging me, I promise i will answer all the questions but may have to borrow your blogging buddies to tag as mine are a bit thin on the ground !!!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Helenback

Just seen this message. You know me too well!
I look forward to reading your answers!

Happy weekend.

xx

La delirante said...

Thanks for the tag :) Sorry I haven't done it yet but will post it as soon as...I am still studying for the exam (tomorrow)

The World According To Me said...

Hi La Delirante

Good luck with the exam. Let us know how it goes.

三杯雞Sam said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社

宮保雞丁Alex said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社