Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Did you see the size of that mushroom?

Last night I managed to crash into a brick wall, somersault into a sandpit and fall head-first into a river. I also bounced off a giant mushroom into the arms of a giant penguin, and shattered into a million unlucky pieces.
This all took place from my friend Chamelles sofa. Not bad hey. I was playing a computer game with her daughter, and I'm embarrassed to admit, I was utterly useless. Even my friends eleven year old daughter could not believe how rubbish I was. (I was at my friends house last night with birthday card and present for her daughter.)
"Mum!" she called to her mum, "Nikki is even worse than you!"
I just can't get the hang of those driving games. I'm far too heavy handed and I have great difficulty trying to stay on the track and not stray into unknown, deadly territory.
Whatever happened to 'Roland on the ropes' on the green screen Amstrad computer? If I do say so myself, I was fast and successful at this. Up and down the ropes I went, collecting treasure for points, and bullets to shoot the ghosts, bats and other not-very-scary-looking creatures. Computer games were pretty basic then, but I didn't humiliate myself playing them. Now they're far too technical and confusing!
Never mind, you can't be good at everything, can you?! I think I should stick to my card making. Far less dangerous.

Picture of the day:

Card making.

13 comments:

La delirante said...

Hi FPE :) I would like to invite you to my new private blog :) I would need your e-mail address though. Would you mind? Mine: wendyfb@gmail.com Thanks :)

JYankee said...

ha ha ha...that's funny...im no good at these games either...but i have a tendency to get obssessed...so it's better not to start i think... nice cards!

Kate said...

I sympathize - I never even got the hang of Pac-Man.

Krystle said...

I'm the same..I can't get the hang of these games my brothers play on Playstation and XBox! I seem to crash every car as soon as I start! Recently I found some old games which I downloaded on my PSP..games which I used to play a long time ago, such as Antarctic Adventures, Popeye, Adventure Island and Wario. I know no one probably plays them any more, but these are the only games I seem to manage to play:) lol

The World According To Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The World According To Me said...

Hello Jyankee

How are you?

I know what you mean, even though I was useless at the game, I kept playing it, hoping that miraculously I would turn into a computer genius and be the highest top scorer, ever. It didn't happen!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

I understand your sympathies! Who needs Pac-Man anyway?!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Krystle

I think the steering games are the hardest! Which is a funny thing to admit as I've been driving a real car for 17 years! But it's not the same, is it?!

Adventure Island sounds my kind of game!

The World According To Me said...

Thanks for the invite La Delirante

I would love to join your new private blog.
I will email you now...

Amel's Realm said...

NICE cards! ;-D I've never been good at gaming, either. My brother always beats me "black and blue" HE HE HE HE HE...EXCEPT for any typing game HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Nick Phillips said...

I love games, especially the computer kind and I normally get hooked on it and end up being pretty good at them ... hehehe ... unfortunately these days I don't have too much time to play them anymore ... sighhh ...

The World According To Me said...

Thanks Amel! Glad you like the cards.

So your brother thrashes you at gaming?!

Be over to you soon...

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

I'm sure you'd show me up if we competed against each other!
Tis a shame that as we get older we don't have enough time to entertain ourselves with such activities. You never known, I might even improve with practice?!