Friday, 20 June 2008

77 years old

There is no need to punish me. As I suggested yesterday, you may have concocted some form of punishment if I was to break my promise and have another late night.
Hopefully you were not thinking of anything too severe, such as walking over burning coals or jumping out of an aeroplane without a parachute. But I shall not be doing either, as I am proud to announce - yesterday evening I was in my bed at sensible o’clock as opposed to silly o’clock.
And before this earlyish night, what an eventful evening it was. I played tennis, baseball and ten pin bowling. This all took place in my dear friend Chamelles lounge, thanks again to technology.
I’m also glad to report, my sporting skills are slightly better than my driving skills. Even though my fitness level said I was a 77 year old woman! Erm, I’m not 77 yet! I excused myself by blaming tiredness and central heating. Then my friend and I tucked into chocolate cake and carrot cake and I headed home for bed.
77 years old! That’s frightening. I’ve got another 43 years to go before all my teeth fall out and I can have 77 candles on my birthday cake.
There must be something wrong with the computer.

Happy weekend to you all.

Picture of the day:

Heavenly blue.

12 comments:

Kate said...

And it determines your fitness level, how?

Mike M said...

What a wonderful flower!

Blur Ting said...

Oh my, 77 years old! And you're younger than me.I would be 90 years old then!

JYankee said...

eew scarey!

Nick Phillips said...

BT is right, I would probably be around 100 plus then ... LOL!

Amel's Realm said...

Yeah, I wonder how you could be determined as a 77 years old. Btw, 7 is my fave number, so 77 is a good combo! :-D

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

The games were played on a video game console called Wii. So you use the control like you would use a bat. Or during the bowling game, you would use the control as your ball. Therefore depending on how energetic you are, the computer rates your fitness age.
Quite embarrassing that my fitness age was 77! But I did have a late night the night before! I'd like to think it's not a true indication of my fitness level!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Mike

Nice to hear you appreciate the Heavenly Blue.

How are those squirrels?

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

I have a funny feeling you would have beaten me with the fitness level! And in my defence, I was a very tired girl whilst playing!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Yeah, being told I am 77 at the age of 34 is scary!

Hope you are full of energy today!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

Well, the fitness levels stop at the age of 80! It doesn't count after that! So I was practically the end of the scale! If I'd have been any worse, I think I would have been classed as deceased! Not a nice thought....

The World According To Me said...

Hi Amel

Just explained this to Kate too - The games were played on a video game console called Wii. So you use the control like you would use a bat. Or during the bowling game, you would use the control as your ball. Therefore depending on how energetic you are, the computer rates your fitness age.
Quite embarrassing that my fitness age was 77! But I did have a late night the night before! I'd like to think it's not a true indication of my fitness level!

Hope you are well. Look out for the lucky 7!