Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Who is Grigory Panin?

I don’t know about you, but I find it virtually impossible to walk past a book shop without taking a snoop inside. Particularly second hand book shops. So many bargains and treasures can be found amongst the shelves! And charity shops. Charity shops are the ideal place to purchase books at a snippet of the recommended retail price, and all for a good cause.
Books are definitely one of my passions in life. If you were to rummage inside my big white bag, you will always find a book buried inside its contents. If you were to make your way into my bedroom, you will see my shelves are forever over-flowing with books. On the last count, I had 23 books for my future reading material, as I simply can’t resist a book shop.
Maybe one day my reading will over take my obsession of collecting books. But until then, I shall carry on with my latest escape ‘The way I found her’ by Rose Tremain, which is today's tag subject. (For anyone who is remotely interested, the book is set in Paris and narrated through the eyes of a precocious thirteen year old, whose mother is a translator for a Russian novelist.)
Today's tag is from my friend http://ladelirante.blogspot.com/
and the rules are below:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

These are my three sentences:

Alice was about to get up. She was going to put the music on again, but I stopped her. Then I said: ‘I think Grigory Panin captured her and made her go back to Russia with him.’

These sentences probably mean as little to you as they do to me. I have not yet reached P.123, so I do not have the faintest idea who Gregory Panin is. I am slightly curious though. Hence the title of the post - Who is Gregory Panin?
Is he a goody or is he a baddy? Will he bring mystery and excitement into my life? Or horror and disillusion? Oh I must remember it's only a book!

What's on P.123 of your nearest book?

Picture of the day:

Books, glorious books.

12 comments:

Spangleystar said...

OF COURSE there's a George Michael one in there :o)
xxx

The World According To Me said...

Of course there is! He's in my heart and on my book shelf!

xxx

Leigh Russell said...

yay! books glorious books!

shello said...

I do not know who Grigory Panin is but I see George Michael ^.^

The World According To Me said...

Hi Leigh

How is your latest book coming along?

Books, glorious books!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Shello

Yep, he just had to be there, didn't he!

Amel's Realm said...

AYAYAYYYYY...more and more books to read, eh? I also have a stack of books to read, including Finnish grammar book HA HA HA HA HA...

I've put up more pics in my blog. ;-D

Have a SUN-SHINY GLORIOUS weekend! ;-D

Nick Phillips said...

I can't resist stepping in a book shop myself. I go crazy when I'm in there and can spend hours there till the boys start harassing me to leave ... LOL!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Amel

Must take a look at your pics! Can't wait!

Happy weekend to you! And keep reading the Finnish grammar book!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Nick

It has been known for me to loose an hour or two in a book shop. Luckily I don't have children to worry about though!

Happy weekend!

La delirante said...

Hi :) I liked the way you put it, that books are some sort of escape. I couldn't agree more. I guess that's why I love fiction and just like you I can't walk past a bookshop without either having a look or buying :)

I also noticed that there is a George Michael book there :)

The World According To Me said...

Hello la Delirante

Books are definitely an escapism for me. Glad you agree.
Oh yes, George had to feature on my shelves!