Wednesday, 21 May 2008

The exploding head and other dilemmas

Do you ever feel as if your head is going to explode? Are you eagerly nodding your about-to-explode head in agreement? Or have you never experienced before-the-explosion feelings?
Whoa, let’s just pause for a moment shall we. Imagine if that could really happen. The moment your head felt over loaded with details / problems / stress – BANG! There flies particles of your head. It would be messy. Maybe it would be cartoon style, with jagged words spilling out into the atmosphere. Words such as MONEY! WORK! HEALTH! LOVE! And if we’re talking cartoon style, I think it would be nice to imagine a new head growing in place of the old stressed out head. A new happy head with fluffy captions such as PEACE! CALM! HAPPINESS! LOVE! (Note how that old devil called love can be a good thing and a bad thing!)
Okay, back to reality. My head hasn’t really exploded, but I do have far too many dates and things to do whirling around in that brain of mine. There’s the work stuff with all the magazines - copy dates, print dates, mailing dates, shipping dates, over lapping dates but all very important dates, and my calendar and schedules are chocker block and full of reminders.
Then there’s the fact it’s pay day today. Pay day should be a joyous occasion but alas the majority of my money will not be hanging around very long in my bank account. I need to work out minimum payments to certain debts and see how little I have to last me until next pay day. A task which always makes me feel slightly anxious.
Plus my car is making a peculiar noise and the MOT is due. I’m not a car mechanic but even I know cars should not be making peculiar noises, and driving ones car with an out of date MOT certificate is illegal. Please, please don’t let there be anything major wrong with my car as I do not have major money to pay for it, and it will have to sit on my parents drive feeling sorry for itself and I shall be car-less until I win that lottery.
Then there’s the stack of birthdays coming up. I mustn’t forget who was born on what day and who to post birthday cards to, and I mustn’t forget to buy suitable presents before I see various people.
And it seems everyone I have ever met in my entire life has telephoned me / emailed me / texted me and invited me for dinner or out for a drink. (Not that I’m moaning about this, I would be moaning if I didn’t have friends telephoning / texting / emailing.)
I am slightly exaggerating (again) by the way. It isn’t really everyone I have ever met in my entire life, but I do have many invitations and nights to arrange, and things to do, and people to see, and plans to make, and birthdays to attend to, and magazines to publish, and things to pay out for, etc, etc, etc….
If you hear a very loud bang, don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Picture of the day:

I may look like this soon. I wonder what’s in my basket?

21 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

Oh dear...sorry to hear that. I hope that your car repair won't cost too much!

And you're right that love can be a SUPER BAD thing he he he...

GOOD LUCK at work in dealing with all the datessssss...

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

I'm waiting for the nice car mechanic man to get back to me, so here's hoping and praying hey!

I can't complain that I'm bored can I! I don't mean to sound ungrateful, it's nice to have things to look forward to. I just sometimes wish so many things didn't happen at the same time!

Hope you are well. Is it still snowing dandruff from the sky?

Bye for now.

Spangleystar said...

Well at least Dan's chickenpox has taken one thing out of your hectic schedule ! There has to be some positives to be found somewhere out of it !
xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

How is the chicken pox man? You know my hectic schedule always loves seeing you. I look forward to being in your company again soon, in a chicken pox friendly environment!

xxx

Krystle said...

I completely understand how you are feeling! I'm in the same situation myself at the moment - so many things going on..I feel so stressed out at times. I start exams on Saturday, have to pack the rest of my things and move house until next Tuesday, amongst many other things. I just need to settle down otherwise I won't cope in this situation for much more!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the car..I hope there won't be any problems, and you won't need to fork out any more money!

I'm praying for you so that everything gets sorted :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Krystle

Moving house and exams are two very stressful things. I wish you luck with your exams, and I hope the move goes smoothly and you find yourself in a relaxed atmosphere as soon as possible.

Thanks for your prayers! Keep praying my car will be okay and affordable!

Take care.

JYankee said...

gosh you're such a good friend / relative to remember EVERYONE'S birthday, anniversary or what-not. I have totally give up on it! I know,.... I'm terrible...as for the exploding head feeling...wow..that's EVERY DAY!

Blur Ting said...

Sorry about the bad day. My car is also making a strange noise and I suspect the next service bill is going to be huge. Not a good time really cos I have too many things to pay!

Still snowing? I hope summer comes early for you. It's hot hot hot here! too hot.

seagrape said...

I've been busy, but man, not that busy. Here's hoping your car is okay and your head won't explode.

La delirante said...

Hi! Looks like you are going through a lot at the moment...our lives are so full of stress...My advice: Just take it easy, one thing at a time and for the birthdays I recommend a diary so you won't forget the dates. That's what I do anyway :)

Re the salary feeling...I know what you mean. It is so frustrating to look forward to pay day when most of your salary is already "commited" to pay debts and the usual "survival" expenses. My disposable income is almost non-existant...oh well, hopefully better times will come :) Have a lovely weekend,

Nick Phillips said...

Gee, I hope your car doesn't cost too much. I know what a bummer it can be to repair a car!

Amel's Realm said...

Nope, no more dandruff he he he...I've got WONDERFUL news, though, so come and visit me again when you have time, OK? ;-D

And I TOTALLY understand what you mean: when there are too many things to handle, then it wearies the soul. Hopefully this weekend you can rest and relax! ;-D

Leigh Russell said...

I want a new head! Love the staircase in the garden. Where does it go? I want to go there - with my new head, of course.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Jyankee

How's your about-to-explode head today?!

I think the birthday thing I've inherited from my mum. She's forever buying cards and talking about someones birthday!

The World According To Me said...

Hello Blur

How's you car and the strange noise? Have you got to the bottom of it? Hope it wasn't too expensive.
Must come and visit you in a mo...

The World According To Me said...

Hello seagrape

How are you?

My head and car are much better today thanks! No explosions from either(touch wood)!

The World According To Me said...

Hello La Delirante

You're right, sometimes you have to take one thing at a time.
And I've bought a card box! To write birthdays down and place the cards in. I have now turned into my mother. But anything to stop my head exploding.

Sorry to hear you suffer with finances too. Let's hope better times are ahead! They have to be!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Leigh

Still want a new head?!

The garden with the staircase is in Kew Gardens. Well worth a visit if you haven't already.

The World According To Me said...

Hi Nick

Thanks for your comments, you are the expert on expensive cars! Be over to you soon, and hopefully your car is fine now!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

Nothing worse than an exploding head!! This coming from yours truly, the calendar challenged woman across the world from you. But head explosions are international events, aren't they? I could launch into a diatribe, but instead...glad things are calming down! Breathe. Look at a flower. Pet a purring kitty. Thanks for sharing!!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Katherine

I like that - the calendar challenged woman!
I'm guessing by that comment that your calendar is challenged again this week!

Here's looking at flowers and stroking kittens!