Friday, 9 May 2008

Deep dark secrets

“I know all your deepest darkest secrets now,” said my friend Laura.
“Oh I’m sure you knew them already,” I casually replied.
(Except the one about the sheep, wellington boots and picnic basket. Ha, ha, I’m only joking!)
We were referring to blogging. I've introduced my dear friend Laura to the wonderful world of blogging. She now has Internet connection and lap top at home, so I sent her the address for Flying Pink Elephants, stating that she might be bored one day and fancy something to read. The boredom must have set in, as she has been reading and apparently chuckling to herself with regards to the George Michael links.
And here is another George Michael link (was that a groan I heard?!) – last night I dreamt we launched a new magazine in the office and guess who the special guest star was at the launch party? Yep, it was him! George immediately marched over to me, shook my hand, and said he’d heard all about me and it was a pleasure to meet me. I nearly fainted on the spot, and an unknown face had to steady my nerves. Then I spent the remainder of the dream on the verge of tears as I realised I’d forgotten my camera and wouldn’t be able to post a picture of him on FPE. Typical hey, it would be just my luck to meet him on the day I was camera free.
Before this dream, Laura and I went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant. The restaurant used to be a rather old fashioned pub, which I spent one news years eve at many moons ago, and my family held a surprise party in the function room for my nans 70th birthday. Happy memories there, well for the surprise party anyway. I can’t remember too many details about the new years eve party, I suspect I lost one of my possessions and I lost myself in a white wine bubble.
Garlic bread and a very tasty pasta dish were consumed in this Italian restaurant that used to be a pub, and blogging and Laura's adorable two children were discussed. Lovely to see her again. At the end of the evening I popped into her house to see her two little angels sleeping and say hi to her hubby. (By the way, I have two friends called Laura, this Laura I attended the same school as, and another Laura is the one I met at the airport.)
Welcome to the blog Laura, your picture is below, posted with kind permission.
More deep dark secrets to follow. I’m sure I can rustle up a few for my next posts, you lucky readers.

Picture of the day:

The fire-place table for two, in the restaurant which used to be a pub.

13 comments:

JYankee said...

that's cool though you can conjur up George in your dreams...but too bad bout the camera... just when you needed the PROOF! looks like a lovely restaurant you went to...

Mike M said...

Great secret!

Nick Phillips said...

Wow, I wished I could just dream up of Jennifer Garner anytime I liked ... hehehe ...

Blur Ting said...

It's a charming restaurant and your friend's very pretty!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Yeah I do seem to conjure him up quite frequently!
It was a lovely restaurant, and as usual we were the last people to leave!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Mike

Ha, ha, that's one of my top secrets!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

Arr, so Jennifer Garner does it for you?! Maybe she'll be visiting you in your dreams real soon!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur

Nice of you to say so about my friend, I'm sure she'll appreciate the compliment. And she's even prettier in real life.

Spangleystar said...

Little Laura has got even littler !!!
xxx

Amel's Realm said...

HI HI HI HI...sorry to hear about that dream, but that's funny. Don't you have a mobile phone that can take pics? I mean these days more and more people have such mobile phones he he he...so you don't have to worry about not bringing your camera...even though mobile phones don't take pics as good as digicams he he he...

The resto looks VERY cozy!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Amel

That is a very valid point! Next time I dream about him and I'm minus my camera, I shall use my camera on my mobile!

The resto was very cosy indeed.

Hope you're having a nice day.

Rebecca said...

I love the fireplace seat!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

Great use of a fireplace, don't you think?!