Thursday, 24 April 2008

Three is the magic number

Have you ever noticed how things frequently happen in threes? Perhaps recently you've over heard someone saying, “Oh no, I’m waiting for the third incident now!”
Although it doesn’t necessarily have to relate to something bad.
I was reminded of the three coincidences this week, as I have seen three separate friends, three nights on the trot and eaten three different dinners with them. See what I mean? Three is the magic number.
On night number one, I embraced my friend Annie with my company. And I’ve just thought of another three coincidence, I have to board three trains to reach her house. Okay, perhaps I am taking this three thing a tad too far now. It has been known for me to get a little carried away sometimes. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, at Annie's house. Lovely to see her again. A very tasty and healthy salad, with potatoes and vegetable quiche. It’s the wedding count down in her house, the countdown for the dress fitting and the big day. Roll on October!
After dinner and after chatting, we settled down to watch a comedy on DVD entitled ‘Gavin and Stacey’. I hadn’t seen it before but it tickled my funny bone. Plus it’s won a BAFTA award and so I was curious to see what all the fuss was about.
On night number 2, I saw my friend Helen for our monthly visit to our favourite local pub. We always order the same dinner - chunky chips, with vintage cheddar and home made chutney baguette. But it’s yummy, so why mess with a winning formula?
Our friends wedding was discussed, as Helen is using her sewing machine for the bridesmaid dresses. How clever she is. I’d love to be able to create my own creations on the sewing machine. But I fear it would look like something a five year old had attempted to make, with their arms tied behind their back and their eyes closed.
We were having a fine time, until a member of the bar staff asked if we could drink up and leave the premises. “Is it eleven o’clock already?” I exclaimed. It wasn’t. Apparently the landlord’s daughter was ill so they were closing early. It was only ten to ten. We were outraged! Chucked out of a pub at ten to ten! What if we had wanted another drink? Or pudding? But then we realised the little girl could be seriously ill, and so another drink or a lemon cheesecake was not really important in the grand scheme of things.
On night number 3, I saw my friend Caron. For a welcome change, the sun was shining and the sky was blue, so we sat in her garden debating about life and drinking wine. The forthcoming wedding was discussed again, and we had a quick peep (on lap top) at hotels to stay at in the chosen area.
Next it was time for ‘The Apprentice’ while eating a scrummy fish curry. Thank you my spangleystar! For those who don’t know, 'The Apprentice' is a reality television show where candidates are fighting for the opportunity to be Sir Alan Sugars apprentice. Fighting is the operative word, what a load of argumentative, vindictive, back stabbers they are this year.
I’ll stick to being a production controller thanks.
And so that, dear readers, is the end of my trilogy.
Oh hold on a second, just when you thought it was all over – I’m about to tuck into 3 tuna rolls (they’re only small I hasten to add).
See you tomorrow. And watch out for that number 3!

Three pictures of the day:

The sunshine flower.


Friend at the pub that closed early.


What we could have eaten if the pub hadn't closed early.

18 comments:

Spangleystar said...

Lovely to see you - although even that little bit of wine has kept me up all night, I have to learn to love soft drinks instead...

PS don't forget to watch Eastenders for the George Michael alike. It was Monday's episode so turn it on at the beginning of the omnibus on Sunday - I guarantee it will amuse you xxx

The World According to Me said...

Likewise Spangleystar. Always love being in your company.

But not good news about the wine and lack of sleep.

That is a must for Sunday. It's amusing me already!

xxx

Nick Phillips said...

I tend to agree, every time I send my car for repairs, it has to go back at least twice more ... LOL!

seagrape said...

It wont be the same if there were four little pigs, two men in a tub or how about that porridge, chair and bed? Poor Goldilocks wouldn't know what is right for her if there was only one bear!

Yay, you found the missing book. :)

JYankee said...

those numbers will always sneak up on you! be careful... LOL good weekend???!!!!

Blur Ting said...

How about happy 3 friends? Always nice to hang out with friends.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nick

Your car is a victim of the number 3! Once in the garage is simply not enough for it!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

Very observant points with the number 3.
How about 3 blind mice as well? The farmers wife cut off their tails with a carving knife.
The number 3 was not a lucky number for them!

The poltergeist has returned my book! I think he must have read my blog and felt guilty.

The World According to Me said...

Hello JYankee

I'm on 3 alert today! I'm ready and waiting for it!

Happy weekend to you.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur.

I like your style - 3 happy friends. In this case, 3 has been a good number.

The World According to Me said...

Hello again Seagrape

I've just thought of another one - 3 days away from your hubby!

Oh dear, I think I'm getting a bit obsessed with a certain number.

Spangleystar said...

lottery winning numbers this week will be 3, 9 (3x3), 27 (3x3x3), 33 dammit I've run out in the lottery series - you choose the rest - see if it ever works in your favour !!!

I suppose you could do 3, 13, 23, 30, 33, 43 and see how that does ;o)

PS if you do actually win with these numbers, remember who your friends are !!!

xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

Good thinking bat man!

I'm going to have to do those numbers now!

I'll let you know if I'm a millionaire on Saturday!

xxx

seagrape said...

hello again...you got me thinking 3s again...now i wonder why the genie grants 3 wishes...

seagrape said...

ooo...i see a starfruit..yummy :)

TravelinOma said...

The dessert looks so great right now. I can't find anything better than a piece of toast, and I'm craving something sweet!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have to say I get bored with my packing strategy. It's easy to carry, but not very interesting! I'm glad you're a reader.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

Of course, the three magic wishes! I could do with bumping into a genie and watching him grant me three wishes!

The star fruit and desert was yummy. It was taken a while ago before I had a blog. The days before blogging - how did we survive?!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Travelinoma

Thanks for popping by.

Sometimes you just have to eat something sweet.

I like your packing theory. I wonder how many lemon cheese cakes you could pack into your case?!