Thursday, 10 April 2008

The debate

Chocolate or crisps? That’s the debate today. In my snack experience, one usually has a tendency towards sweet or savoury.
Personally, I prefer chocolate. And I must own up to my chocolate addiction a few years back. I was on three bars a day at one sugary point. Morning fix, afternoon fix and evening fix. I simply had to have it! Otherwise I was capable of anything.
You’ll be pleased to know that the chocolate addiction is all under control now. These days it’s a special occasion rather than a compulsory part of my diet. I can even walk past the confectionery counter without palpitations and a little voice inside my head saying, “Chocolate, chocolate!”
As for crisps, I’ve always been able to take them or leave them. Cheese and onion are my favourite flavour, but they’ve never got my heart racing or my hands trembling!
However, this week I have found myself eating more crisps than normal. But I do have a very good excuse for this – I am collecting the Walkers Brit trip points. And guess what delights these points allow me? Well, where shall I start?! These points allow me access to such places as BirdWorld, cactus gardens, zoo’s, amusement parks, stately homes, participating hotels and restaurants, etc, etc. The list seems endless! What fulfilling fun I am planning on having.
Which reminds me, it’s lunchtime in the office so I’m going to nip to the supermarket to purchase another bag of cheese and onion, courtesy of Mr Walker. I must remember to work harder at the gym this weekend, to burn off these extra calories.
But hey, what’s a few added calories compared to 26 acres of aviaries and beautiful landscaped gardens? BirdWorld here I come!

Chocolate update: I have just been left in charge of a knife and two huge, gooey, chocolate cakes. I could feel the familiar feelings returning, and the glint in my eye for all to see.
One of the sales guys is celebrating his birthday today and he generously bought cakes for everyone. With an error of judgement on his part, he asked me to cut the cakes in several pieces so they could be distributed in the office. (If only he knew I'd not long ago confessed to once having a chocolate addiction!)
“You’re doing a smashing job,” he said to me, as he returned to the kitchen while I was still carefully cutting, and wiping crumbs from my mouth.
Okay, our little secret on FPE – there was more than enough cake to go round, so I didn't think anyone would object to the two hefty slices that I gobbled in mid-cutting?!



Picture of the day:

How much do you love chocolate?

18 comments:

Blur Ting said...

I don't think we can find Walkers here but chocolates, I love them too! Too bad I get ulcers after eating several pieces. The painful consequences really help to keep me under control.

Spangleystar said...

Sainsbury's offer on at mo - buy one get one free on 24 packs - so you end up with 48 packets of crisps and 48 Brit trip points for less than £3, I bet you're paying a lot more by the packet, Get yourself down there !!!

Pleased I didn't rip the light fitting out of the kitchen for no reason ;o)
xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur

Ouch, ulcers from chocolate. Sounds painful.
No wonder it keeps the over indulgence away!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Spangleystar

Thanks for the hot tip. There will be no stopping me now!

Your ripped light fitting was not in vain after all!

xxx

seagrape said...

a walk through BirdWorld and all the other parks should burn off the extra calories.
oh and it's chocolate for me baby!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

That's true, walking is good, pleasant exercise.

So chocolate gets your vote too!

Happy Friday.

Krystle said...

I must admit I am a chocoholic at times and I much prefer chocolate than crisps, but then if chocolate is not available I would opt for crisps anyway :) As long as it's sweets :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Krystle

I'll tick the chocolate box for you then! What good taste you have.

How's the studying at your end? A choc fix between breaks maybe?

Krystle said...

chocolate is my salvation at the moment hehe:) with all the stress of uni work - assignments, dissertation and exams on the way..I am making sure that I have spare chocolate which I can munch on during the day ;)

La delirante said...

I like sweet snacks a lot. I was not really into chocolate but when I came to Malta I got used to it and now I love it! :)

Now that summer is round the corner (here it is kind of hot already actually) I need to start thinking about not eating too much chocolate :)

Rebecca said...

I LOVE chocolate. mmmmmm. dark chocolate. yummy. Green and Black organic dark chocolate. Oh, my. Must. Go. Now.....

JYankee said...

hmmmm crisps.... i think....though chocolate is good..yeah....

Nick Phillips said...

Gimme a packet of good old cheese and onion or sour cream and onion crisps and I'll be indebted to you for life ... LOL!

I'm not really into the sweet stuff and though I enjoy a Mars bar or two every so often, it's crisps for me anytime :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

So you have a sweet tooth too? Maybe chocolate ice-cream for the warmer weather?!

Hope you had a great weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

Did you have to buy some organic chocolate?! I love dark chocolate and mint! Now I may have to buy some!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Crisps are your weakness then? But chocolate is hard to say no to?!

The World According to Me said...

Well hi there Nick

Cheese and onion rule!

So you're a definite crisp man, who is partial to a mars bar every now and then?!

The World According to Me said...

I think the chocolate won!