Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

I am writing this post from my sick bed. Well, it's more of a green armchair than a sick bed, as I can't get Internet connection from my bed.
I was absolutely fine last week, but as soon as the Easter holidays arrived, my body felt as if I had been trampled on by a thousand kangaroos and my throat felt as if someone had pushed a hundred razor blades down it. Ouch. Not to mention the coughing and sneezing.
I'm such a bad patient as well, as I keep thinking about all the things I should be doing / could be doing / want to be doing and I get so restless and annoyed with myself for being ill.
However, I did leave my house for a little day trip during the Easter period, with a friend, and a packet of tissues. (I did warn my friend about my germs but my friend did not seem to mind.)
Aldeborough was the name of the pretty seaside town which we visited, with its shingle beach, infectious charm, and traditional shops and galleries. I have posted some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
I hope the pictures find you in better health than my aching, germ infested body!

Pictures of the day:

Scenes from Aldeborough.








19 comments:

Krystle said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been feeling well! :( I hope you'll be feeling better soon..Take Care and Get Well Soon!

The World According to Me said...

Thanks for your get well wishes Krystle.
I hope you enjoyed your trip to the U.K. and were not too disappointed with the weather?

Kate said...

Where is it, specifically?

seagrape said...

hope you feel better already. thanks for sharing the pictures, i heart seaside towns.

Nick Phillips said...

I love the pictures :D Get loads of rest and get well soon. I know how it feels to be sick and it sure isn't nice ...

JYankee said...

oh no....get well!!!!

spangleystar said...

I'm sure the fresh air did you the world of good germy xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

Aldeborough is in the county Suffolk. One of my favourite counties!

The World According to Me said...

Thanks Seagrape.

It did cheer me up being by the sea, even though it was rather cold!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

Glad you like the pictures.

It's not much fun being ill, is it. I'm getting sick of being sick!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

Sometimes you have to let the fresh air blow the cobwebs and the germs away!

xxx

Amel's Realm said...

LOVELY pics. :-D Hope the germs leave your body soon!!! Many more people in my classroom have been sneezing and coughing today. I sure hope we won't infect one another and keep on repeating that cycle of germs and new germs.

GET WELL SOON!!! ;-D I really can't afford being sick due to my VERY important course he he...

The World According to Me said...

Hello Amel

Thanks for the get well wishes.

I'm hoping the germs will leave my body soon.

Hope you escape the germs in the classroom!

Hazel said...

hi,nice photo..thanks for sharing

Krystle said...

Hello :)

how are you feeling today? I hope you got better. The weather in the UK where we were staying was cloudy all the time (as usual) but at least it only rained a couple of times. And we had 2 bright and sunny days as well:) Oh..and I saw snow on Easter day, which we never get here in Malta!

Rebecca said...

Hey, lady. I hope your are feeling better by now! Your sojourn sounds and looks lovely.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Hazel

How are you?

Glad you like the photos. It was rather cold by the sea but it made a pleasant change.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Rebecca

How are you?

I'm nearly back to normal. Whatever normal is!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Krystle

Arr yes the snow! I thnk we had four seaons in one weekend!

Be over to you soon...